Smart jacket required nights.

robanddiane

We have three smart jacket nights on our upcoming cruise on Oriana. On these nights are you expected to wear the jacket all of the time or can this be removed at all when in the bars. I always adhere to the dress codes but occasionally I do suffer and start overheating for want of a better word. We have only been on Oceana a few times and never had the smart jacket nights on there.

Sometimes they might ask you to keep it on. If so and you are too hot just faint. The resulting furor will soon relax the policy.

the correct ettiquette is when the host notices gentlemen suffering from the heat the host should then announce that all gentlemen may remove their jackets.

You will also find many gents loosening or removing their bow tie as the night progresses

Richleeds..But no bow ties on 'smart jacket nights.' Perhaps you are referring to removing thy bow tie on formal nights, my experience on P&O UK reminds me that is frowned upon by the 'establishment.' Smart jacket night for men is jacket with or without tie. Being a Colonial I prefer the latter.

Robandiane..Certainly on Smart Jacket night if one is perspiring remove thy jacket after entering the venue, MDR or otherwise.

Above all..Enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

Richleeds..But no bow ties on 'smart jacket nights.' Perhaps you are referring to removing thy bow tie on formal nights, my experience on P&O UK reminds me that is frowned upon by the 'establishment.' Smart jacket night for men is jacket with or without tie. Being a Colonial I prefer the latter.

Robandiane..Certainly on Smart Jacket night if one is perspiring remove thy jacket after entering the venue, MDR or otherwise.

Above all..Enjoy !!

Yeah, exactly I meant on formal nights.

Just trying to show the OP that as the night goes on the dress code on either formal or jacket required evenings does tend to go a bit by the wayside. Particularly gents jackets in the theatre which can be warm and stuffy.