Carnival employees hogging all the hammocks on Half Moon Cay

Cairnmom

I love Half Moon Cay and one of my favorite things to do is relax in one of the hammocks located down the beach. I am platinum so I'm able to catch the first tender to the island. Despite arriving very early, I have noticed that all the hammocks are quickly taken by Carnival employees who have the day off. I have noticed this on every trip to the island and I don't think it is right 😕.

I think most people wouldn't notice who don't frequent the island, but I've been there 5 times this year and it is obvious to me and I always catch the first tender.

Obviously you are not on the first tender or you would have a hammock. :D

Just where should the hired help go to relax on their day off? :cool:

I can understand your frustration. However, I also don't see a problem with someone who is off work enjoying their day.

Half Moon Cay is a guest area owned by Carnival Corporation, so one should assume that crew must follow the same protocols as on the ship in guest areas, such as being required to step behind a guest when in line for food.

If this truly annoys you, I suggest reaching out to some certain company spokespersons.

Edited by Disconnections

Obviously you are not on the first tender or you would have a hammock. :D

Just where should the hired help go to relax on their day off? :cool:

But paying guests should have priority. It is just good business.

Just wondering, if you were on the first tender, how did they get there before you?

The first tender boat has 2 levels, the bottom level is where the carts of supplies and food as well as Carnival employees sit. They get off first, then the upper level gets off. I have to sit on the upper level and get off after the employees and supplies get off.

The island has 6-7 hammocks and I usually don't get one. I suggest Carnival install more hammocks or have a separate crew area.

Edited by Cairnmom

Half Moon Cay is a guest area owned by Carnival Corporation, so one should assume that crew must follow the same protocols as on the ship in guest areas, such as being required to step behind a guest when in line for food.

If this truly annoys you, I suggest reaching out to some certain company spokespersons.

Paying guests should have priority just like if onboard the ship.

But paying guests should have priority. It is just good business.

The first tender boat has 2 levels, the bottom level is where the carts of supplies and food as well as Carnival employees sit. They get off first, then the upper level gets off. I have to sit on the upper level and get off after the employees and supplies get off.

The island has 6-7 hammocks and I usually don't get one. I suggest Carnival install more hammocks or have a separate crew area.

What knowledge do you have about the procedure for them to have a hammock or use the beach on their day off from seeing to your every whim??

6-7 hammocks for how many passengers?! Separate crew area? One where you can't see them perhaps?

Ok they should have a separate relaxation area for the crew. And install more hammocks too. 6??? No wonder a fight hasn't broken out!:p

I have no problem with the crew relaxing, but don't hog the space paying guests have paid for.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I, personally, don't have a problem with this. These people work hard catering to my every need while on the ship and have very little "down time". I do not have a problem with them enjoying their day off. There are plenty of other things and places for me to enjoy on HMC than to worry about who is using the free hammocks.

I, personally, don't have a problem with this. These people work hard catering to my every need while on the ship and have very little "down time". I do not have a problem with them enjoying their day off. There are plenty of other things and places for me to enjoy on HMC than to worry about who is using the free hammocks.

Would you have a problem if Carnival added a crew area with reserved hammocks for crew only? I wouldn't and think Carnival should step up and provide a place for off-duty crew to relax.

Lol! I agree.

How does the op know they are staff? Are they in uniform? Of so, should they be telco g while at work?

Could it be this obscure hammock-ed area was installed for the crew?

OP,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Because I recognize them from the ship and they disembark the tender from the crew area.

Funny, I have been to HMC several times and the only hammocks I have seen are located beside a cabana, of which I have had the pink cabana three times. Each cabana has a hammock for them to use. I would not judge so quickly that it is Carnival employee when those who booked a cabana get off first too, so if they get to their cabana and hop into a hammock, it's their right.....

The crew deserve the break. I would not be upset if I saw it....first come first serve.....They may have only been given a half day off to enjoy the beach, please let them have some relaxation time too. They work 10-14 hour days six or seven days a week, so cut them some slack

The crew is not allowed to "mingle" with the passengers, except in a business sense...I can't imagine that they are allowed to use the passenger space on HMC....I'm pretty sure there is a "crew" area somewhere, just like there is on the ship.

The crew is not allowed to "mingle" with the passengers, except in a business sense.

Don't fool yourself, off-duty officers and entertainment staff are permitted to frequent numerous guest venues and to consume alcohol while there. I often see officers dancing with guests and then inviting them to their table for a drink and later leave together. Happens on all the major lines.

I love Half Moon Cay and one of my favorite things to do is relax in one of the hammocks located down the beach. I am platinum so I'm able to catch the first tender to the island. Despite arriving very early, I have noticed that all the hammocks are quickly taken by Carnival employees who have the day off. I have noticed this on every trip to the island and I don't think it is right .

I'm also Platinum so I'm also surprised to see someone on a Tender island before me. But, be it CoCo Cay (Little Stirup) or Half Moon I dont get too bent out shape on this issue for two reasons:

1. Thes are large island with lots to do. Hammocks are nice, but I'm not going to be too concerned about it.

2. Crew members work their a$$ off. If they get a little R & R on the hammocks before me. I'm cool with that. My experiences are they don't use them all day, so I can go Gilligan on the Hammocks when one frees up.

Edited by CruiseHealing