Platinum embarkation

sportsmum

Back to the luggage tags: I printed out the tags for our Oct 4 cruiseline in mid-September. The tags said "Preferred." I print out in black and white so obviously I didn't have a color bar.

We arrived at port later then we usually do, about 11:30 AM and the preferred boarding line was longer and more back up through the security scan than regular boarding (only one preferred scanning line vs 3 for regular boarding).

If you arrive and the lines are the same, go through the regular boarding line for scanning and then hop over to the preferred boarding line for check in.

mini suites count? prob not.

No only full suites, sorry.

And I just rechecked the luggage tags for my Royal 10-25 trip and the 12-4 Caribbean trip and both state Elite on the luggage tags. Of course who cares about the wording on the luggage tags as long as the name and cabin numbers are correct.

Edited by LVTravel

Thanks for that info, I ended up calling Princess and they said it was an error by my travel agent, the details would be uprated in a couple of days..Tried doing it your way but it didn`t pan out, mine came up o.k. but Shirley did not exist on the drop down..

It would not be on your drop down, but on her sign in to My Princess. But if there was nothing there, that is why she was listed as being a new customer.

Glad it is getting fixed.

I just checked ours and they are as follows:

Mine says the "Welcome Aboard"

My wife and son have nothing printed in that field!

Now I am Platinum and my wife and son are both first timers on Princess. So it appears that there still is some kind of classification for the luggage even though captains circle status is no longer written.

Like most...not really caring if my luggage gets preferential treatment or not. Ill be in the dining room eating lunch lol

Back to the luggage tags: I printed out the tags for our Oct 4 cruiseline in mid-September. The tags said "Preferred." I print out in black and white so obviously I didn't have a color bar.

We arrived at port later then we usually do, about 11:30 AM and the preferred boarding line was longer and more back up through the security scan than regular boarding (only one preferred scanning line vs 3 for regular boarding).

If you arrive and the lines are the same, go through the regular boarding line for scanning and then hop over to the preferred boarding line for check in.

Up until changes were made we used to tell our cruise friends to join us in the preferred line - depending on how long each line was. Last time we told them we couldn't do that (rule change) and we headed for the preferred line and they got in the much longer regular line. Our line had a scanner problem about 20 people ahead of us and we sat there while they tried to figure it out, and rather than moving our line to one of the three regular lines we just sat there - while our friends made it through, got on the ship - and had a drink waiting for us by the time we got there. We may hear the end of it someday...

I had in the past month gone on 3 Princess cruises. When I was close to Elite the luggage tag just said Welcome or something like that. I had several other cruises booked which could put me to Elite at anytime. Who knows why they print sometimes with your CC status. Maybe if you have cruises booked and your close to changing status they dont print your CC status, just to insure you dont get upset and make a phone call about your luggage tag..

I just printed mine out for November and they printed Elite..

Can I take my newbie friends w me to Platinum check in? Don't want to lose them in the shuffle?

The "new" rules are you can take "family" members or people staying in your cabin. We used to invite friends we were cruising with (most times the regular line was shorter anyway) but they changed the wording.

My luggage tag says Welcome (I'm Platinum) and mom's says Elite. What I found really strange was on my boarding pass it says:

Travel Agency: DIRECT FOR POLAR BEAR

I can understand the direct as I booked myself online. But don't get the Polar Bear. But it is cute!