Platinum embarkation

sportsmum

Just checked my boarding pass and luggage tags. My luggage tags from my May cruise show the Captain's Circle level. The luggage tags for my upcoming November cruise don't have that information. It just says Welcome Aboard in that part of the tag. I wonder why they changed the format. Probably just to justify some marketing person's salary...

That's what I thought, my last cruise was 2 weeks ago, and didn't see anything on it

Just says WELCOME ABOARD nowadays but the key to customer captains circle level is the surrounding colour framing your information.;)

Maybe it is different in the UK.

See below picture. Click on it to enlarge it.

1263538287_Boardingpass.jpg.e05a9f685600c06d0267ce662400de5f.jpg

Edited by caribill

Luggage tag does not say "Welcome Aboard" and Captain's Circle status on it is printed in text, not represented by a color.

Well, not now. They do say "Welcome aboard" in the space where the status used to be. I have recently printed out tags for both an Oct.13 and Oct. 24 cruise, and I was surprised to see this change. The information is bordered in a grey color, but I didn't take that to mean it indicated Platinum (though that's what I am.) Has anyone found a blue or red or gold border around the text on the luggage tag?

Congrats Treven. :)

We have to stop passing each other with these cruises.

We plan Alaska 2017. :p

Just printed my tags. Just Welcome Aboard. No Platinum.

Pat

What cruise are you doing in '17 and what is the itinerary?

I looked at mine again, and I guess it could be light blue, depending on the light. I wonder why they have changed things.

Hmmmm... I still have tags on my luggage from my cruise in June and the border on the luggage tags is light blue. Seems to me, it has been that way for awhile.

Hmmmm... I still have tags on my luggage from my cruise in June and the border on the luggage tags is light blue. Seems to me, it has been that way for awhile.

What is different is that the captain's circle status is no longer printed on the tags.

What is different is that the captain's circle status is no longer printed on the tags.

It is on tags I printed out Friday for a cruise in November.

And I just looked at the Princess web site and asked for the luggage tag again and it still has the status, not "Welcome Aboard."

It is on tags I printed out Friday for a cruise in November.

And I just looked at the Princess web site and asked for the luggage tag again and it still has the status, not "Welcome Aboard."

I don't know what to tell you. My two voyages for Oct. 13 and Oct. 24 have the "Welcome Aboard" not the status. I think I'm not the only one with this situation.

My question exactly (well, actually I know that wasn't a question). The boarding pass says "Preferred" and that gets me in a little ahead of the mob. The luggage tag says "Welcome aboard" and that makes me feel welcome. What else do I need?? (How about a beer?...) :cool:

Edited by ar1950

I don't know what to tell you. My two voyages for Oct. 13 and Oct. 24 have the "Welcome Aboard" not the status. I think I'm not the only one with this situation.

Actually, I have never figured out why Circle status was ever printed on the luggage tags. It certainly makes no difference in how fast luggage gets to your cabin.

Actually, I have never figured out why Circle status was ever printed on the luggage tags. It certainly makes no difference in how fast luggage gets to your cabin.

Exactly, and this was the point I was just about to mention. The porters take your luggage along with all the others, BEFORE check in and lining up for boarding.

Haven't looked at anything in particular--just Alaska.

I have been wanting to go back, but friends wanted Hawaii in 2016 so Alaska will be on hold until 2017.

Pat

Thanks. I'll be in "your neck of the woods" in '16. I'll be doing a quickie CA Coastal.

Can someone please tell me what the qualification criteria are..I have only sailed with Princess once to Hawaii,and they have me down as platinum whilst my wife who has always been with me is down as `Blue`...Does the fact that we have sailed with P & O several times make any difference,working along the lines that its all owned by Carnival...Next trip Royal on the 9th-30th Dec..

Can someone please tell me what the qualification criteria are..I have only sailed with Princess once to Hawaii,and they have me down as platinum whilst my wife who has always been with me is down as `Blue`...Does the fact that we have sailed with P & O several times make any difference,working along the lines that its all owned by Carnival...Next trip Royal on the 9th-30th Dec..

Credit is given for past P&O because once Princess owned P&O or vice-versa.

You can go to the My Princess part of the Princess web site and in the upper left box it will say "you have sailed xxx times." Click on that and you will see your cruising history as known by Princess.

Do the same for your wife.

If not all of either of your cruises are listed, contact Princess to have them correct the records.

Your wife should not be blue since she has sailed with Princess before. After only one credit cruise, she would be gold.

Green Orchid,

We were surprised the first time we sailed Princess to be listed as Platinum. We expected our Sitmar cruises to be credited (Princess bought out Sitmar in the late 80's) but had no idea where the other cruise credits came from.

We called Princess and they didn't know either. Our cruise history had dates that credit was entered by P&O. We later figured out some were Regent Cruiseline credits as the private island known was Princess Cay was a pristine, untouched beach when the Regent Rainbow stopped there in 1990.

The other cruises are unknown - maybe Premier?