Miami Dinner & Breakfast recommendations?

Malibubaby

We are staying at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayfront Marketplace the night before our cruise. Can anyone recommend some good places for dinner (we like casual bar food type of stuff and/or casual seafood) and a good place for breakfast? They don't have to be in Bayfront just within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you!

Last year we found Biscayne Tavern, in the lobby of the B2 hotel, to offer a pretty good breakfast buffet. We ordered off the menu the first morning and were not impressed but the buffet looked good on the way out. We had the buffet the second morning and really enjoyed it.

We've also had breakfast at Tradewinds at Bayside Marketplace and that wasn't bad. I prefer Biscayne Tavern for breakfast but would eat at either.

Within walking distance I've only had dinner at Toro Toro, Bayside and Elwoods Gastro Pub. I'm sure some locals can suggest a place for dinner.

Edited by aurelius180

Last year we found Biscayne Tavern, in the lobby of the B2 hotel, to offer a pretty good breakfast buffet. We ordered off the menu the first morning and were not impressed but the buffet looked good on the way out. We had the buffet the second morning and really enjoyed it.

We've also had breakfast at Tradewinds at Bayside Marketplace and that wasn't bad. I prefer Biscayne Tavern for breakfast but would eat at either.

Within walking distance I've only had dinner at Toro Toro, Bayside and Elwoods Gastro Pub. I'm sure some locals can suggest a place for dinner.

I'm a local and you have found a few of my favorite places!

Really enjoy having appys and beer at Biscayne Tavern. Elwoods Pub is a fun place to go to! Toro Toro is another good place!

For burgers you can get to a funky yet great burger place, The Filling Station. You can also walk to Trulucks, Capital Grille, Wolfgang's Steakhouse, Zuma, River Oyster, Bonding, Il Gabbiano, Fratelli Milano and a bunch of other places.

Thank you for all of the suggestions! This gives me a good starting point to check them out on tripadvisor and decide. Thanks again!

I don't know if you noticed but Carolyn lives downtown (cjskids) and hangs out at these places. I'd take her advice!

Really enjoy having appys and beer at Biscayne Tavern. Elwoods Pub is a fun place to go to! Toro Toro is another good place!

For burgers you can get to a funky yet great burger place, The Filling Station. You can also walk to Trulucks, Capital Grille, Wolfgang's Steakhouse, Zuma, River Oyster, Bonding, Il Gabbiano, Fratelli Milano and a bunch of other places.

It may not be what the OP is looking for but we really enjoyed Toro Toro last year. Some friends had recommended it and we reluctantly tried it (we were staying at the IC and prefer to go out). Very glad we did.

Earlier this year we stayed at the Holiday Inn POM and just ate at the hotel for breakfast. Prices were decent and the food was fine. If you are not looking for something fancy or unique and just want breakfast, this might be a relaxing option. We ordered off the menu, but I think they had a buffet option as well.

Since you are local can I pick your brain??

Our family would like to experience some awesome food while in Miami. We are actually staying at B2 so we will try out the Tavern for sure. We got free buffet tickets too!

What places would you recommend with kids? 7 and soon to be 10 during our vacation. I don't want UBER fancy but seafood,GOOD seafood, we used to live in Washington we miss local fresh fish!! Some good down home food and don't miss this place while your her...recommendations will be helpful! ALSO!! WE are going to do the drive to KeyWest any recommendations along the way there if you know any would be great!

Thanks!!!!