Azura - Which bars are open on embarkment day

blackbird1969

Hi

We are going on our 2nd short break cruise next week on board Azura. Last time we embarked quite late and just went to our cabin before getting ready for dinner. This time we aim to get on board rather earlier. I understand that the self service restaurant will be open but I was wondering if the costa coffee and other bars would be open also.

Thank you

I've been on a few short break cruises on different ships and always boarded early (around 12 noon). All of the main bars and the cafe have been open straight away and are well used as cabins don't usually become available until 2 pm. Enjoy you break.

As others have said, the ones that should be open from noon probably will be open - that would include Brodies, The Glass House, maybe one or two of the deck bars. Not sure about The Blue Bar at that time. However, you may find that the bar staff are busier than usual stocking the bar - new supplies will have been delivered during the morning, and while most will be going into store rooms, some items will be being delivered from there to the bars, especially if the ship was running low before the delivery.

Last cruise on Oceana I popped into the Yacht & Compass (main bar) at about 12:30 for a couple of beers. I was still the only customer at 1:15

generally most of the bars are open but the Glasshouse for instance will not be selling food until the evening.

Hi, we are on a short cruise on Oriana in a month - can I ask the same question for Oriana? :)

Is it only the buffet open at lunchtime? Thanks

Yes only the buffet is open at lunchtime on embarkation day.

Brian

Hi, we are on a short cruise on Oriana in a month - can I ask the same question for Oriana? :)

Is it only the buffet open at lunchtime? Thanks

Just returned from a mini cruise on Oriana. Only the Conservatory was open on embarkation but they were doing a BBQ on the pool deck too. Both areas were very busy though and finding seats was an issue!!

Where is the buffet situated on Azura for lunch on Embarkation day please :)

As PurpleMoonlight said, it's on deck 15. If you want to go straight up there when you embark - and most people do - you may find that the lifts in the Atrium (which is where'll embark) are very busy. What we do is walk up the atrium stairs to deck 7 (the deck at the top of the Atrium), turn right and walk past Sindhu, and carry on past where the photo gallery is, to the aft lifts. There seem to be far fewer people waiting for lifts there, and when you get to deck 15 you're right by the buffet.

Thank you Tom UK most helpful to know that what deck do you embark on then as this is my first cruise.

As yorvik says, it'll (almost certainly) be deck 5, the lowest deck of the atrium. The atrium itself stretches over three decks - 5, 6 & 7, with 5 being the bottom and seven the top. There are four lifts just off the atrium that go up to a high deck (16?) plus there are two more, glass-sided, lifts facing the atrium itself. However, all of these lifts are often very busy at embarkation time. There's also a couple of curved staircases that run from the bottom of the atrium on deck 5 up to deck 7. Walk up them and you can get a good view of the whole atrium. At deck 7 you'll be on a major deck with bars (Blue bar in the atrium itself, The Glass House going forward, and [another lounge/bar that I can never remember the name of] immediately aft of the atrium, the theatre at the front, Sindhu (a premium restaurant) and yet another bar/lounge at the rear. There's a wide corridor running the length of the ship on deck 7, which in part of its length runs alongside the atrium on that deck.

If this all sounds confusing, there are deck maps dotted about the walls in this whole area, complete with handy 'You are here' symbols.