I'm on Breakaway right now. Any questions?

ncklhaus

I've been on Breakaway since Sunday October 5 and will be getting off on Sunday October 12. I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

I am absolutely floored as to how incredible this ship is. It is beyond my wildest dreams. I would highly recommend it!!

Good question.

My husband and kid (and me too) are completely wiped out from the Bahamian sun today. We were at Great stirrup day today and it was far better than I remember it from 3 years ago.

So we are calling it a night but I can't sleep yet. I'm too wound up :D

Yes! I would love a copy if the dailies. I specifically want to know which night(s) is Howl at the Moon, which nights are the Burn the floor dancers manhattan

room and is there a 3rd "show"- magician? And which night?

Also, did you make it to GSC and how was it?

Was it warm enough for the pools by 2nd day on the ship?

Which night is fireworks?

Edited by conandrob240

How crowded is the ship and are there many kids aboard at this time of year. I read some reviews about crowds of unruly kids on previous sailings. Is it easy to get to see a show more than once. I'm a big fan of Burn The Floor, Rock of Ages and Second city. Booked tickets for them but would love to see them more than once. Is Great Stirrup Cay a nice place to just stroll around, I'm not much into sitting in the sun.

Just posted this question on the boards but I guess you would know first hand :). How much is a can of soda on board? Trying to figure out if the soda package is worth it or not but can't do that unless I know how much each one would cost if purchased separately Thanks

Cans are $2.10 each.

What would you advise not to miss on the Breakaway? Is there a particular entertainer maybe who you would recommend. The entertainment is always my favourite thing about cruises.

We absolutely love the guitar player Angel. I actually purchased his CD for myself and one as a gift for my father.

He us generally in Maltings or Shakers.

What would you advise not to miss on the Breakaway? Is there a particular entertainer maybe who you would recommend. The entertainment is always my favourite thing about cruises.

I also saw Cirque Dreams and it is a must see. We saw it the first night and we may go again. We're doing Rock of Ages tomorrow. The fireworks were last night and we're really good. We were at dinner in La Cucina when they were about to go off, so we went outside to watch them on the waterfront and then went back in to finish up.

How crowded is the ship and are there many kids aboard at this time of year. I read some reviews about crowds of unruly kids on previous sailings. Is it easy to get to see a show more than once. I'm a big fan of Burn The Floor, Rock of Ages and Second city. Booked tickets for them but would love to see them more than once. Is Great Stirrup Cay a nice place to just stroll around, I'm not much into sitting in the sun.

Supposedly the ship is full and there are 400 children on board. But it does not feel crowded at all. We've never had a wait for anything.

GSC is unbelievable! Everyone stays at the beaches when you first arrive. My suggestion is to go down to the beaches past the cabanas (unless you get one). It's much less crowded there and there are bathrooms and a buffet there too.

I also saw Cirque Dreams and it is a must see. We saw it the first night and we may go again. We're doing Rock of Ages tomorrow. The fireworks were last night and we're really good. We were at dinner in La Cucina when they were about to go off, so we went outside to watch them on the waterfront and then went back in to finish up.

What time was the fireworks show? Disappointed to hear it's during dinner time.

Thanks.

Love the Breakaway! Glad you are enjoying it. I board on Sunday!!

What night are the fireworks scheduled? Were the NFL games available on the ship?

Thanks!

Yes. NFL games were on on Sunday, Monday, and will be on tonight as well.

You're going to love this ship!!

Yes! I would love a copy if the dailies. I specifically want to know which night(s) is Howl at the Moon, which nights are the Burn the floor dancers manhattan

room and is there a 3rd "show"- magician? And which night?

Also, did you make it to GSC and how was it?

Was it warm enough for the pools by 2nd day on the ship?

Which night is fireworks?

Yes, it was definitely warm enough on the second day. We were on the water slides for a while Monday.

Why are you wasting your time posting and not enjoying the ship???:cool:

Believe me, I am not wasting my time posting. There is so much to do. I just need a break. We ate eating in the garden cafe and then heading to Vibe.

We absolutely love the guitar player Angel. I actually purchased his CD for myself and one as a gift for my father.

He us generally in Maltings or Shakers.

We loved him too :)

If you happen to be having drinks outside Malting's on the Waterfront, please tell Dancho the bar server that Robin and her son Brian say HELLO!

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I'm jealous.

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I just read that the trial period for the new data plan is over and the plans are back to the charges by the minutes used. Is this true or were you able to purchase by data usage?

I don't know if it is ending but I was able to purchase the 1000 mb plan for $89. So far I have used less than half of it.