Noise on Deck 6 on M-Class Ships (Specifically CS on Millennium)

JennAngel9

Looking at doing our first ever cruise in the Celebrity Suite on the Millennium and there are a few cabins available. I'm currently holding one on deck 8 but have read mostly very positive things about the deck six cabins-- however, I saw at least one review that indicated there was a noise issue coming from the entertainment in the cafe below 6104 or 6106. I'm not an especially light sleeper but I have a hard time falling asleep with noise and we will have an infant with us. Can anybody weigh in on their experiences on Deck 6? I would prefer to have more light and be closer to the water light if there is not a noise issue.

Thanks!

I'm hopeful that since nobody has responded with complaints there haven't been a lot of bad experiences in 6104 or 6106. It does look like it's right on top of Cafe al Bacio, but I don't remember the cafe being particularly loud at night on Silhouette.

We board Millenium in about 3.5 weeks and will be spending a month in 6106. I hadn't event considered noise when we booked it, as we spent a similar amount of time in 7140 (just above) on Connie last year and it was very, very quiet. On this cruise 6106 was our best option to stay in the same cabin for both sailings. Reply back here in mid to late December and I can let you know :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks everyone. :) Sadly, the deck 6 cabins were gone this afternoon when I went to book, so we are currently on 8, but I am going to keep an eye out to see if they open up.

Jenna, I'm incredibly jealous you can spend a whole month on board an M-Class ship... and if I remember the sailing schedule correctly, you'll be seeing some of my very favorite places (Singapore, Bali). I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!

Thanks everyone. :) Sadly, the deck 6 cabins were gone this afternoon when I went to book, so we are currently on 8, but I am going to keep an eye out to see if they open up.

Jenna, I'm incredibly jealous you can spend a whole month on board an M-Class ship... and if I remember the sailing schedule correctly, you'll be seeing some of my very favorite places (Singapore, Bali). I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!

I think deck 8 would be fine, deck 7 was, but I would try and avoid 9. Keep, looking as it could be on 24 hour hold.

The only place in Asia we've been is Turkey, which is amazing in its own right. We start in Hongkong in just a few weeks, 5 days there then sail to Singapore, 3 days and two nights there and then round trip Sinagpore before flying to Cambodia for a few days.

I'm really looking forward to Bali as we have a great mix of activity during our three days there, but I can say that about quite a few ports!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We start in Hongkong in just a few weeks, 5 days there then sail to Singapore, 3 days and two nights there and then round trip Sinagpore before flying to Cambodia for a few days.

I can't advise much on Bali because I mostly laid around the beach and then we spent a couple days inland at/near and Elephant preserve, but if you have time in your schedule in Hong Kong or Singapore I have more thoughts.

I've been to the Singapore Night Zoo twice (several years apart) and really love it. I also recently discovered the botanical gardens, especially the orchid gardens there, and they are amazing. There's an amazing cocktail bar (and fancy restaurant) at the top of one of the high rises near Orchard Rd that I'm currently blanking on the name of but could look up if you have a hole in your schedule. Oh, and the views from the bar/restaurant on top of the Marina Bay Sands are pretty incredible.

In Hong Kong, I highly recommend Hutong for the nightly laser show over the harbor and I'm actually quite partial to the HoHo bus, which is a pretty cheap way to see a LOT of the area and get your bearings.

Looking at doing our first ever cruise in the Celebrity Suite on the Millennium and there are a few cabins available. I'm currently holding one on deck 8 but have read mostly very positive things about the deck six cabins-- however, I saw at least one review that indicated there was a noise issue coming from the entertainment in the cafe below 6104 or 6106. I'm not an especially light sleeper but I have a hard time falling asleep with noise and we will have an infant with us. Can anybody weigh in on their experiences on Deck 6? I would prefer to have more light and be closer to the water light if there is not a noise issue.

Thanks!

We have stayed in the Celebrity Suites (2x) on the Summit on deck six, which has the same configuration as the Millennium. Never had any noise problems. Loved being lower down, deck six as I liked going to Cafe Bacci early in the morning for coffee- great location IMO. Enjoy your cruise

I can't advise much on Bali because I mostly laid around the beach and then we spent a couple days inland at/near and Elephant preserve, but if you have time in your schedule in Hong Kong or Singapore I have more thoughts.

I've been to the Singapore Night Zoo twice (several years apart) and really love it. I also recently discovered the botanical gardens, especially the orchid gardens there, and they are amazing. There's an amazing cocktail bar (and fancy restaurant) at the top of one of the high rises near Orchard Rd that I'm currently blanking on the name of but could look up if you have a hole in your schedule. Oh, and the views from the bar/restaurant on top of the Marina Bay Sands are pretty incredible.

In Hong Kong, I highly recommend Hutong for the nightly laser show over the harbor and I'm actually quite partial to the HoHo bus, which is a pretty cheap way to see a LOT of the area and get your bearings.

Awesome advice!

In Singapore we had the botanical gardens one the list. We have a thing for perennial flowers. The night zoo sounds perfect, and I had been thinking a stop to Marine Bay Sands to see it too. We only have two nights in Sinapore so deciding where to eat will be hard, so many choices.

We have 5 nights and days in Hong Kong, 2.5 are scheduled with tours, 1 free for shopping, 1.5 unscheduled, plus late afternoons and evenings free to do whatever. The laser light show sounds perfect. Can you see it from the Ritz (highest hotel in the World)? It may be too high.

In Bali we have 3 days and two night and only have a half day tour planned. One day we have a private boat too Nusa Penida for snorkeling, diving, lunch and exploration. We have a hotel one night at Stones Hotel followed by a beach day. Would love any dining suggestions you might have.

Thanks and happy sailing!

Jenna

Jenna, in Singapore we had at Ku dé Ta one night and thought it was extremely good, but mostly went for the views we had over cocktails before. We also ate at Shinji by Kanesaka, which is the Singaporean outpost of a tiny sushi bar we love in Japan-- it's both expensive and not for the faint of heart--but some of the best sushi in the world. My husband, who never blogs, took photos of each course: http://whereisjel.blogspot.com/2013/11/omakase-thanksgiving-at-shinji-by_28.html

There are 100s of great restaurants in Singapore and a lot of it is a matter of taste or what kind of cuisine you want...but I would certainly advise booking ahead because reservations can be hard to get even a week or two out. Oh, and I forgot to mention-- go to the bontanical gardens prepared for it to be VERY hot and know that there are not too many places throughout the park that you can buy water.

When I saw the laser light show in HK, the Ritz hadn't even been built yet (we haven't been there at night for a while, often spent a day blitzing around while on a layover on Cathay Pacific)-- I'm certain that if you contacted their hotel concierge they would let you know. But your comment reminds me that I very highly recommend joining them for their brunch buffet, which was amazing last time we stopped by.

Sadly, my Bali dining experiences were mostly at what was then the Ritz Bali in Jimbaran six years ago, so I think the TripAdvisor community can help you more than me (I presume I can reference them here since they are the parent co?). We did have a dinner and do an elephant "trek" (probably a 20m loop around the local jungle) with http://www.elephantsafariparklodge.com/. I don't recall the food being anything to write home about and I do recall thinking there was quite a strong elephant smell during dinner, but we had a nice evening and I would do it again. :) The jungles in Bali were neat, but the sunsets were unlike anything I've ever seen elsewhere in the world, so I'd try to be scenic places for your sunsets above anything else-- then again, I suppose you'll see plenty on your ship on the way to and from. ;)

Oh, one last thing (just remembered!) what was the Ritz is now the Ayana and they have the best thalassotherapy pool I've ever visited (even puts the M-class pools to shame): http://ayanaresort.com/en/spa/thalassotherapy, not sure if you can visit if not a resort guest but it IS a great place to watch sunset from (or was when we went in Dec)--word of warning, it requires a 15-20m "workout" segment where you swim and walk through currents, which we were not prepared for, before you can soak around and take in the scenery. :)

I think deck 8 would be fine, deck 7 was, but I would try and avoid 9. Keep, looking as it could be on 24 hour hold.

Does this also apply to Summit? Should we avoid 9058/9060?

Edited by ajwu

Does this also apply to Summit? Should we avoid 9058/9060?

Yes. Applies to Summit, Millenium, Constellation and Infinity. Deck 9 has a large overhang and public space above prone to more noise. Our option is the CSs on deck 9 are the last ones we'd consider and would probably not book unless it was a great deal, no RS or CS was available, etc.

Of course this is our personal opinion.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk