MSc customer service new gripe

Jollyholidays

Booked my cruise with TA who seem incapable of booking Allegrisimo package on cruise to South America. Tried booking on line, won't let me, rang customer services who say they can't look at my booking as it was booked through a TA, when I insist they can as they have before, they are able to, but no joy, they say TA has to book Allegrisimo, now TA are quoting £400 more than the price should be. Apparently TA can quote any price they want. Shouldn't MSC be able to have some control?

Booked my cruise with TA who seem incapable of booking Allegrisimo package on cruise to South America. Tried booking on line, won't let me, rang customer services who say they can't look at my booking as it was booked through a TA, when I insist they can as they have before, they are able to, but no joy, they say TA has to book Allegrisimo, now TA are quoting £400 more than the price should be. Apparently TA can quote any price they want. Shouldn't MSC be able to have some control?

That is not an MSC gripe its your TA ripping you off not MSC.

Edited by riclop

Agree about TA but on the three occasions rang MSC get a different reply, 1st said I could book drinks package through them, 2nd said try through TA 1st and if they can't come back to us, tonight 3rd said could not do it through MSc direct

Are you in the US....because we were able to pre-book the drink packages through their website even though we booked with a TA and it got added to our account onboard....our sail and sign cards showed the "421" code for all I could drink package when we received them before boarding.....I'm sorry you are having so much trouble.....try the MSC Facebook page and send a private message at the top......and see if they can help you....they helped me a lot before my cruise....

Agree about TA but on the three occasions rang MSC get a different reply, 1st said I could book drinks package through them, 2nd said try through TA 1st and if they can't come back to us, tonight 3rd said could not do it through MSc direct

Are you in the USA because we have had no problems adding anything via phone or web but we usually call .

I'm assuming the OP is in the UK as they are quoting prices in £s.

Is it possible your TA is quoting you the price for Allegrissimo Premium?

Have you checked the MSC site to see which all inclusives are available on your sailing? Repos are different from standard round trip 7 day cruises. It could be that the Allegrissimo basic isn't available to anyone on your cruise.

Which repo are you sailing on? Perhaps you're too early too book online? It is not unusual for onboard services not to be available to book until just a couple of months in advance.

Since you have chosen to use a TA then you're stuck with using the TA bynthe sounds of it. Thismis one of the reasons I stopped using TAs many years ago and just book direct.

Edited by AmoMondo

Thank you for all replies. will look at Facebook. We are in UK and travelling in 5 weeks. The cruise is in two parts, For 24 days, TA said price for basic package was £1,494 for two people. MSC said the 1st part , 17 days Europe to Santos is £22.00 per day and Santos to santos 7 days, taking in Argentina is £29.00 per day for basic not premium, total £1154. This is when customer service at MSC said TA only. I wonder is it possible to just get drinks package for 1st part of trip only? Anybody been in this situation?

On my upcoming repo basic Allegrissimo is not available. I have to purchase the Allegrissimo Classic - same package but €35pppd instead of €23 :mad:

The Allegrissimo premium will be €44 when the price increase comes in (hasn't yet) but it will cost €47 on the same cruise! That's the information I got when I rang MSC as the website doesn't include sailings from Brazil on their Allegrissimo page. When I try to book it online it doesn't come up as an option - only Classic is available. When I try to book it it states "Reservation onboard"!

This drives me nuts - surely you can pre-book or you can't. Either/or and not at the whim of the company. How many queries do they get day in, day out about this subject alone? If they sorted the problem they'd have more time to be dealing other serious matters.

Thank you for all replies. will look at Facebook. We are in UK and travelling in 5 weeks. The cruise is in two parts, For 24 days, TA said price for basic package was £1,494 for two people. MSC said the 1st part , 17 days Europe to Santos is £22.00 per day and Santos to santos 7 days, taking in Argentina is £29.00 per day for basic not premium, total £1154. This is when customer service at MSC said TA only. I wonder is it possible to just get drinks package for 1st part of trip only? Anybody been in this situation?

It looks like you're doing a b2b? That would explain the discrepancy. Check out the Allegrissimo page on their website.

The basic Allegrissimo is "including MSC Grand Voyages to Winter destinations" That would explain the £22 price. On Caribbean cruises you have to get the Classic Allegrissimo which is £29. There is no mention anywhere about sailings to or from or in South America - they need to update their website. From what I was told, I'm assuming that information regarding drinks packages for the Caribbean also apply to South America:

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Already-Booked/All-Inclusive-Allegrissimo-Package.aspx.

Edited by Beamafar

On my upcoming repo basic Allegrissimo is not available. I have to purchase the Allegrissimo Classic - same package but €35pppd instead of €23 :mad:

The Allegrissimo premium will be €44 when the price increase comes in (hasn't yet) but it will cost €47 on the same cruise! That's the information I got when I rang MSC as the website doesn't include sailings from Brazil on their Allegrissimo page. When I try to book it online it doesn't come up as an option - only Classic is available. When I try to book it it states "Reservation onboard"!

This drives me nuts - surely you can pre-book or you can't. Either/or and not at the whim of the company. How many queries do they get day in, day out about this subject alone? If they sorted the problem they'd have more time to be dealing other serious matters.

Just booked mine for a med cruise, after a lot of issues with them telling me to use my TA I booked the drink package on: http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/homepage.aspx

Then select "Booked" tab and "all inclusive drink package, scroll down to ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT - UNLIMITED 24 HOURS and click the book now tab.

You will then get a page to put all your details in, you will need to click the boxex for both people on the next page and you should be able to get it in your "basket". You will be asked to complete the sale and a list of your purchases will be sent to your email. The payment will then be added to your on board account. Hope it works for you.

Just booked mine for a med cruise, after a lot of issues with them telling me to use my TA I booked the drink package on: http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/homepage.aspx

Then select "Booked" tab and "all inclusive drink package, scroll down to ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT - UNLIMITED 24 HOURS and click the book now tab.

You will then get a page to put all your details in, you will need to click the boxex for both people on the next page and you should be able to get it in your "basket". You will be asked to complete the sale and a list of your purchases will be sent to your email. The payment will then be added to your on board account. Hope it works for you.

I get as far as "book now" but when I click on it, it doesn't go any further.

I've managed to book the drinks package for a last minute booking I've just made for the December. I've been told I'm trying to book too early for a March sailing and to wait 'til January.

Bea ... The website does exactly the same when i try to book and at exactly the same place, the response about it not being available seems to be the answer for we do not have a clue!

Just tried again and same result ....

Edited by sidari

Bea ... The website does exactly the same when i try to book and at exactly the same place, the response about it not being available seems to be the answer for we do not have a clue!

Just tried again and same result ....

Sid, see what I've replied to your post on the other thread.

I think these threads should be merged. Otherwise it's going to get very confusing :rolleyes:

We are on MSC Poesia Transatlantic cruise from Santos for 18 nights ending in Venice. 28thMarch 2015. We have added the Allegrissmo Classic drinks package. It has cost us £1044 for the 2 of us!

I would think MSC would be keen to add it.

Edited by I Sugar
Date missed out

We are on MSC Poesia Transatlantic cruise from Santos for 18 nights ending in Venice. 28thMarch 2015. We have added the Allegrissmo Classic drinks package. It has cost us £1044 for the 2 of us!

I would think MSC would be keen to add it.

You would, wouldn't you :confused:

Did you manage to book it online? I see you're sailing date is 13 days after mine.

I was told back in June by MSC that the premium package was available for the 20 night sailing from Santos on 15th March 2015. That's how I know how much the package is on this sailing, €47pppd. It would cost the equivalent £1482. However, when I try to book it online it's only the Classic that's available and it won't allow me book it!

Maybe it's a ploy to either force you to book and pay in advance to a TA saving onboard spend points allocations or pay the 15% service charge.