Diamond Member Status?

Hello, I've been following the forums for a few days in anticipation of my first cruise in 7 years, and want to thank everyone for all the great information I have found thus far. This is my first post, and I have a pretty basic question that I cant seem to find on the RCI website. My wife and I will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in a year on a California coast 7 day itinerary. I have Diamond status from cruises from years ago, but my wife has never been on a cruise before.

Can I add her to my C&A membership and her retain my status, or does she have to sign-up herself and start from the beginning? I would really like her to be able to join me in the lounge, and Diamond member events, as well as get some of the perks like the free drinks and such.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I've been following the forums for a few days in anticipation of my first cruise in 7 years, and want to thank everyone for all the great information I have found thus far. This is my first post, and I have a pretty basic question that I cant seem to find on the RCI website. My wife and I will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in a year on a California coast 7 day itinerary. I have Diamond status from cruises from years ago, but my wife has never been on a cruise before.

Can I add her to my C&A membership and her retain my status, or does she have to sign-up herself and start from the beginning? I would really like her to be able to join me in the lounge, and Diamond member events, as well as get some of the perks like the free drinks and such.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I am certain your wife would share your C&A level if she had cruised at least once on Royal. However, I'm not sure she can share your level having no Royal cruises. I've read both ways. Best thing to do is call C&A and ask them: 800-526-9723. They can sign her up over the phone if their policy allows it.

Edited by clarea

From what I understand, she will not have any status with Royal until AFTER her first cruise on a Royal ship. She can sign up for C&A while onboard and you can have your two accounts linked. She will then join you as a Diamond level member after completion of the 1st cruise.

Hope that helps and enjoy your cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I am certain your wife would share your C&A level if she had cruised at least once on Royal. However, I'm not sure she can share your level having no Royal cruises. I've read both ways. Best thing to do is call C&A and ask them: 800-526-9723. They can sign her up over the phone if their policy allows it.

Calling was my next stop. Last time I was on hold forever! :(

From what I understand, she will not have any status with Royal until AFTER her first cruise on a Royal ship. She can sign up for C&A while onboard and you can have your two accounts linked. She will then join you as a Diamond level member after completion of the 1st cruise.

Hope that helps and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you, will be a bummer for the first cruise, but great for the next ones!

Will will still be able to use priority check-in and priority departure?

Calling was my next stop. Last time I was on hold forever! :(

Thank you, will be a bummer for the first cruise, but great for the next ones!

Will will still be able to use priority check-in and priority departure?

Yes, they will let you both use priority check-in and departure. Also, I've had good luck with short hold times calling C&A lately.

Call Crown and Anchor to ask your questions. I was not able to find the reference but believe that anyone in your household, in your cabin will have your Diamond Status. Children get it as do the spouse. It seems to me we had friends who were just married and he got her status. Happy cruising!:)

I don't believe she will have your Diamond status. My DH was one cruise behind me and he was not Diamond until the end of his cruise. MY DDs are Diamond until they turn 18 then they calculate from their cruise history. Hopefully they will Diamond on there own by them.

She will be able to use your perks where you don't need to show your seapass. As for the drink vouchers and value coupons they are pre-loaded on your seapass account so it depends on her status at the time of cruising.

But of course with RCCL things changes with the wind and phone calls. If one person says yes that might not be so. If they make her Diamond keep checking the website under her account to confirm her status has been upgraded.

I don't believe she will have your Diamond status. My DH was one cruise behind me and he was not Diamond until the end of his cruise. MY DDs are Diamond until they turn 18 then they calculate from their cruise history. Hopefully they will Diamond on there own by them.

She will be able to use your perks where you don't need to show your seapass. As for the drink vouchers and value coupons they are pre-loaded on your seapass account so it depends on her status at the time of cruising.

But of course with RCCL things changes with the wind and phone calls. If one person says yes that might not be so. If they make her Diamond keep checking the website under her account to confirm her status has been upgraded.

If your children are linked with you, then they will retain whatever C&A level you have when they turn 18.

If your children are linked with you, then they will retain whatever C&A level you have when they turn 18.

But then they won't move until the next level until they reach the points on their own. Technically they could be diamond with just one cruise, and take a loooooooong time to reach D+ 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But then they won't move until the next level until they reach the points on their own. Technically they could be diamond with just one cruise, and take a loooooooong time to reach D+ 😁

Yes, that's the way it's supposed to work.