Suite Class

themutis

I had asked Celebrity if the rendering of the Suite Class dining room or sample menus were available (in the announcement they said they would be available by now) and was told to check back in about a month.

I know everything is speculative at this point, but what is everyone guess on the meals. In the flyer it says breakfast (served from 7am), brunch (served from 10am) dinner (served from 6pm). Do you think they will be offering brunch every day or just on the days that the main dining room is open for lunch?

Any guesses

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

I am hopeful that it will be three meals each day as well-- the lack of a (civilized) dining room option on port days has always been a major drawback of X for me. I'm also incredibly enthused about the middle meal being brunch, as I often like to sleep in on vacation at eat something with eggs around 10 or 11. :)

I can't wait to see the menus-- with the charge to bring a non-suite guests being what they are (i.e. higher than most other specialty dining rooms), I'm hoping (perhaps unreasonably) that it will be like a Princess Grill/Queen's Grill experience!

I've got high hopes for this dining concept. The latest "buffet" trend of cold food in baskets is one of those things I just can't tolerate. Hoping this new dining room has quality menu's because other than the buffet - X is a solid value for us at this time.

I've got high hopes for this dining concept. The latest "buffet" trend of cold food in baskets is one of those things I just can't tolerate. Hoping this new dining room has quality menu's because other than the buffet - X is a solid value for us at this time.

As an FYI, as the Bermuda season ended, and the Summit started sailing New England, the baskek / single portion serving method test on Summit was abandoned.

I think they just were understaffed, and not set-up in the kitchen to execute i properly. I've been to an excellent bufet that does it well; The Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopolitain. I get a free stop in there every time I stay, and while I don't love buffets, that one is pretty amazing.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I had asked Celebrity if the rendering of the Suite Class dining room or sample menus were available (in the announcement they said they would be available by now) and was told to check back in about a month.

I know everything is speculative at this point, but what is everyone guess on the meals. In the flyer it says breakfast (served from 7am), brunch (served from 10am) dinner (served from 6pm). Do you think they will be offering brunch every day or just on the days that the main dining room is open for lunch?

Any guesses

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Interesting document. Thanks for posting. It's my understanding that most of this has already been implemented on the Constellation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Interesting document. Thanks for posting. It's my understanding that most of this has already been implemented on the Constellation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't think most has been implemented, but I could be wrong. The dining room is definitely not there, and I don't think the RS and PH have unlimited specialty dining or unlimited internet yet. Some of the other benefits like in room massage are smaller and may have started without anyone reporting this.

Michael's has been implemented, but the biggie is definitely the dining room.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Wow that is very good news - I hope the idea is put to rest. I remember the last cruise, I dreaded going to buffet but did it for 6 year old DD twice a day and decided that i'll cut back on cruising and do more land-based from now on. Really hoping the buffet situation improves - i'd like to still do 1 cruise a year if not 2 like before.

Food is fine, not asking for anything fancier, not asking for dish X to be like 'my favorite restaurant back home'. Just that the food isn't cold, and that common sense things - i.e. butter, condiments, etc are not empty, or not placed in such a way that it forces the cattle to roam around searching.

I don't think most has been implemented, but I could be wrong. The dining room is definitely not there, and I don't think the RS and PH have unlimited specialty dining or unlimited internet yet. Some of the other benefits like in room massage are smaller and may have started without anyone reporting this.

Michael's has been implemented, but the biggie is definitely the dining room.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

One more missing benefit of the new program that I don't believe has been implemented, or hadn't as of late August, was the complimentary bar set-up in suites that qualify (Beer, Soda, Water). You can of course get soda and water 24/7 from Michael's club, but it isn't the same if you have to carry it back/stock it yourself vs just having it stocked in your stateroom.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

One more missing benefit of the new program that I don't believe has been implemented, or hadn't as of late August, was the complimentary bar set-up in suites that qualify (Beer, Soda, Water). You can of course get soda and water 24/7 from Michael's club, but it isn't the same if you have to carry it back/stock it yourself vs just having it stocked in your stateroom.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Our butler kept the refrigerator stocked with water, diet coke and sprite zero when we were in the PH on the Constellation last spring. I requested he do so, but didn't ask for any beer or other drinks. Maybe we just had a great butler (Chip) but if you're staying in a premium suite it can't hurt to ask.

Our butler kept the refrigerator stocked with water, diet coke and sprite zero when we were in the PH on the Constellation last spring. I requested he do so, but didn't ask for any beer or other drinks. Maybe we just had a great butler (Chip) but if you're staying in a premium suite it can't hurt to ask.

He did stock us with soda and soda water, as we asked for them as they were mixers for our alcohol in addition to our juice. I think the Butlers realize the policy is a bit off, so they just do it, but I don't think the new benefit is in force yet.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As an FYI, as the Bermuda season ended, and the Summit started sailing New England, the baskek / single portion serving method test on Summit was abandoned.

I think they just were understaffed, and not set-up in the kitchen to execute i properly. Jenna

Not quite abandoned. On the 21 Sept New England cruise the Hotel Director explained they are refining the process to ensure a consistency of temperature on all hot foods and it will be rolled out again. The single portioning of cold items (ie salads, melon portions etc continued. Celebrity are committed to implementing the process in light of feedback from CDC as part of hygiene control procedures.

The chefs confirmed that they have been working on reviewing the testing of dishes for the suite menu and the Exec Chef thought it would be another 2 or 3 months before all the menus would be known

Chip has been my favorite butler out of all the cruises I've been on. I was fortunate to have him on my TA last year to Southampton, and ran into him on Connie this spring, though he was handling other suites, not eh one I was in on that sailing, and he remembered me by name.

Not quite abandoned. On the 21 Sept New England cruise the Hotel Director explained they are refining the process to ensure a consistency of temperature on all hot foods and it will be rolled out again. The single portioning of cold items (ie salads, melon portions etc continued. Celebrity are committed to implementing the process in light of feedback from CDC as part of hygiene control procedures.

I'm certain it will come back in some form, especially since it has proven to "cut food waste, significantly".

From a Cruise Critic News Article: http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2014/08/08/just-back-from-celebrity-summit-the-lines-test-ship/

Why mess with something as engrained as a cruise ship buffet? The new format certainly isn’t easier for the staff, Bernardini said — in fact, in most cases, they end up working harder to make sure enough hot dishes are out for the diners. What it does do is cut food waste, significantly, and also minimizes the spread of gastrointestinal illnesses such as norovirus, he says. (These are the same reasons the line cut the popular sea day buffet — the main dining room set-up lacked sneeze guards and other protections against spreading disease, Bernardini said.)

The chefs confirmed that they have been working on reviewing the testing of dishes for the suite menu and the Exec Chef thought it would be another 2 or 3 months before all the menus would be known

Thanks for the update. I had heard it was eliminated. It doesn't bother us so much, but I can see how it is harder to implement. If done well, it can certainly be a benefit.

The real change Celebrity needs, is to rebuilt the entire Ocean View structure on M-Class ships to be more user friendly to the passengers. This will take a major drydock, and I doubt it would happen at all before the ships are retired, as it is "serviceable" in it's current format.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Everyone knows the location of new suite restaurant on Soltice, yes?

Deck 4 port side.

Where will the dedicated private restaurant be located?

The restaurant exclusively for Suite Class guests will be located in a newly created space just off the Main restaurant. On Millennium Class ships, the restaurant will be located on Deck 5 Port side. On Solstice Class ships, it will be located on Deck 4 Port side.

See:

Happy sailig,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled