Med survey received from Carnival

heatherbelle

Great exciting news to report. I have this morning received a survey from Carnival cruise lines asking for my views on various departure ports and ports of call in the Med in the next two years.

Departure ports mentioned in the survey were, Athens, Rome, Barcelona.

Cruise lengths requested were ranging from 7 to 12 nights, how interested would you be etc.

Exciting ports of call suggested, Istanbul, Malta, Crete, Dubrovnik, Rhodes, as well as the same old boring ones, Rome, Livorno, Marseilles, Majorca, Barcelona.

I also put in my notes to drop Crete and add Dubrovnik and Split instead to one of the 12 day itineraries mentioned. Some Greek Islands are like Caribbean Islands seen one seen them all after a while. I am based in Europe so I have been to the boring ports mentioned above many times, plus all of the major lines offer those ports. Carnival needs to offer something different. No mention of Venice at all, so this survey is obviously for the Vista. Months of cruise were May to September, which months would you cruise in?

How likely are you to cruise in the next two years? Which suggests Vista.

I took screen shots, but unable to post here, sorry, but they can be found elsewhere.

Edited by heatherbelle

I'm glad to see Carnival looking at some possible new ports in the Mediterranean. Crete and Malta appeal to me, and possibly Istanbul as Carnival rarely goes there. We didn't get the survey, but I guess if we had, I would have been more interested in seeing options such as Portugal and Casablanca in the mix. Or possibly the Spanish cities that are adjacent to Algeria.