tips

r u sure? there was not an option to prepay when I looked. Have others prepaid for the quantum. On the oasis if we had my time dining we HAD to prepay, so why would this be different?

On all ships up to now there has been 2 options for gratuities.

1. If you have MTD you pay your gratuities at final payment and nothing once on board.

2. If you have traditional dining (early or late seating) your gratuities are added daily to your Seapass account and you pay at the end of your cruise.

So far both of these have been reported as being available on Quantum.

If you want to prepay just call RCI and they will happily take your money.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

r u sure? there was not an option to prepay when I looked. Have others prepaid for the quantum. On the oasis if we had my time dining we HAD to prepay, so why would this be different?

We were told by out TA that tipping was now included in the price of your holiday as with dynamic dining most people will not be eating in the same resturant for most of the cruise like we have in the past.

We were not given the option of paying the tips separately.

Andy

Guest maddycat
We were told by out TA that tipping was now included in the price of your holiday as with dynamic dining most people will not be eating in the same resturant for most of the cruise like we have in the past.

We were not given the option of paying the tips separately.

Andy

If you are not in North America, that might be the case. RCI might be including the cost of gratuities in the price of the cruise. However, in the US and Canada, gratuities are not included in the price of the cruise.

I can confirm outside of USA that my TA phoned up RCI in front of me with loud speaker on the phone.

That tips are NOT included in the price.

I was forced to pay an extra $300 for tips and that gave me "my dining time".

If I didnt I was told, that I was not worthy of having "my dining time", and that i would be forced to eat at some weird time slot and wait in a que for dinner.

For my upcoming quantum cruises my TA gave me the option of pre-paying my gratuities or being charged by the day once on board. This is exactly the choices I had with traditional dining on my previous cruises. I opted to not pre-pay. We are from NJ!

Andy,

I live in the US and I was told that tips were included in the cost of the Quantum cruise due to the change in dining. My question again is, has anyone who has booked a cruise on the Quantum prepaid tips?

Yes. There have been numerous posts in other threads of people both prepaying and electing to have it added to the seapass on board.

Andy,

I live in the US and I was told that tips were included in the cost of the Quantum cruise due to the change in dining. My question again is, has anyone who has booked a cruise on the Quantum prepaid tips?

No tips included in my pricing. However, one of the percs from my TA is gratuities, along with add'l obc , dinner for 2 at specialty restaurant and up to $100 for spa treatment.

Last May DW and I booked Quantum for April 12, 2015 and had to prepay Gratuities. We had to change our booking so we canceled the April cruise and booked December 1, 2014 instead. We were told tips were now included and did not have to pay when we rebooked for December. I don't know what to believe. I wouldn't be surprised in we get charged daily once we are onboard.

We are booked on the Anthem for Thanksgiving 2015. Our gratuities were not included in the base price of the cruise. When we gave our deposit the TA calculated the gratuity cost and then added it onto the cost of the cruise so it became a part of our final total (all due at the time of final payment.)

We booked our 11/18 and 11/21 Quantum samplers cruises directly with RCI and pre-paid gratuities were automatically added. On other cruises, there was an option to select if you wanted to pre-pay but no option for the Quantum. I was shocked at first but then realized with Dynamic Dining we would be at a different restaurant every night. It then made sense that they did this.

I can confirm outside of USA that my TA phoned up RCI in front of me with loud speaker on the phone.

That tips are NOT included in the price.

I was forced to pay an extra $300 for tips and that gave me "my dining time".

If I didnt I was told, that I was not worthy of having "my dining time", and that i would be forced to eat at some weird time slot and wait in a que for dinner.

As far as I know they are not included here either. Although I have not checked my reservation lately. My final payment is due in a couple of weeks.

Well at least you have your dining time sorted. We have been fighting Royal's website for months. There are tons of posts about how frustrating that has been. It if I could get my preferred dining times I would consider paying them up front. I am going to have to pay them anyway.

Denise

Edited by DKNYC

As far as I know they are not included here either. Although I have not checked my reservation lately. My final payment is due in a couple of weeks.

Well at least you have your dining time sorted. We have been fighting Royal's website for months. There are tons of posts about how frustrating that has been. It if I could get my preferred dining times I would consider paying them up front. I am going to have to pay them anyway.

Denise

Sadly not at the times i really wanted - which was 6pm daily, they are all over the place like the neighbours back fence - i had the same sort of problems

We are booked on the Anthem for Thanksgiving 2015. Our gratuities were not included in the base price of the cruise. When we gave our deposit the TA calculated the gratuity cost and then added it onto the cost of the cruise so it became a part of our final total (all due at the time of final payment.)

When we first booked the Quantum in May of 13 there were no tips included on our reservation. Once DD came into play our gratuities were added to our reservation and will have to be paid by the final payment date.

Denise

Forget the website, try calling "Pre-cruise Planner" at 800 398-9819. They were quite helpful and after some time we were satisfied with our 6:15pm for both free and paid restaurants. Now if I can get our entertainment reserves, we can lay back and look forward to the Q.

We have booked three legs of the Quantum repo to China and we did not have to prepay tips. This is what I am hearing from most threads about Quantum and DD. Now it appears that others have been given different info. Also I have paid in full to insure against the falling Aussie dollar because I booked with a USA TA and did not have to prepay the tips.

MyTA Said Tips R IncludeD Because Of Dynamic Dining Is That True?

Have a bit of experience with Quantum that may shed some light - or at least add to the confusion. Booked the Dec 12 sailing in March 2013 - requesting MTD, as Early Dining couldn't be booked at that time. The TA didn't know why - and Dynamic Dining wasn't "invented" yet. We booked, as others did, during a necessary period of confusion. In order to get MTD it was necessary to prepay tips, so no problem, we paid up.

Last week we booked the 3/21 Quantum sailing with our kids. Now that the Quantum experience is taking shape, the TA had more to work with, and there was no need to prepay tips - and no mention of tips at all.

So no - you don't have to prepay tips on QotS. Are they included? Doubtful, but no idea. There was never any suggestion with the latest reservation that tips were included in the fare - something the TA certainly would have mentioned as cost justification. Safe to assume they're not included.

Can you still direct your tip dollars where you think they belong? No idea, but conceptually DD is no different that MTD for tip allocation - yet there is no prepay requirement, so...?

In any case, looking forward to Quantum and DD - certain the details will sort themselves out.