Ft. Lauderdale to Miami?

Wiseask

My wife and I are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse from Miami on 1/4/15. Because our airline does not fly to Miami, we are flying to Ft. Lauderdale the day before and have already booked a hotel room in Miami.

My question is: What is the easiest and least expensive way to get from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to our Miami hotel? We will have a total of four large suitcases plus carry-ons.

Thanks.

Tri-rail is another possiblilty if it is close to your hotel.

It may be too late to change, but a hotel in Ft Lauderdale would be a less expensive option. You would only pay for one transfer from hotel to ship.

Check http://www.ridesas.com for the hotels they serve in Ft Lauderdale. They charge 15 dollars per person from Ft Lauderdale to POM.

Edited by swedish weave

You want easiest or least expensive? You cannot have both.

The tri rail is slow and requires transfers and schlepping your own luggage but it is cheap. The money I save isn't worth my time.

Easy? Hop in a cab at the airport. It will run you around $100 with tip.

Nice middle ground? Take a shuttle. Usually under $20 per person.

We have had nothing but great professional service with SAS. Very easy to book and easy to get in touch with when your on the ground. No stress! Will cost you about $15 per person.

I have tried twice in the last 3 days to get a reservation with SAS transportation from FLL to POM on November 1. No reply -- nothing. I filled in the form and got the "thank you" screen. I really need to reserve -- any clues to what is going wrong.

I have tried twice in the last 3 days to get a reservation with SAS transportation from FLL to POM on November 1. No reply -- nothing. I filled in the form and got the "thank you" screen. I really need to reserve -- any clues to what is going wrong.

Check your SPAM filter. ;) If that does not work try another shuttle service - QLS, MJS, & Go airport all shuttle between the FLL area and POM.

My wife and I are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse from Miami on 1/4/15. Because our airline does not fly to Miami, we are flying to Ft. Lauderdale the day before and have already booked a hotel room in Miami.

My question is: What is the easiest and least expensive way to get from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to our Miami hotel? We will have a total of four large suitcases plus carry-ons.

Thanks.

When does your flight arrive? :confused:

What hotel? :confused:

For afternoon and evening trips from FLL to downtown Miami (most of the shuttles will not service MIA airport area hotels) expect to pay more than the $15+ rate often quoted for morning/noon runs to POM. A taxi, on the meter, will run about $80-85+tip. Go Airport offers a private car service from FLL to downtown Miami hotels for about $90+tip.

Tri rail is a cheap but slow option only good if for some reason you have chosen a hotel near the MIA airport. :(

I agree with the above advice to stay near FLL, where hotels tend to be cheaper and the area nicer than comparable properties in Miami, and then shuttle to POM the next day. Good luck! :)