Where is the Dawn (10 Oct 2014 morning)?

GeezerCouple

yup...that it is :)

It looks like the Grandeur is now in front of the Dawn, & they're both coming around the tip of the island. They should appear shortly on the webcam. It'll be interesting to watch & see how quickly they get the Grandeur moored so the Dawn can follow. It makes sense now why both ships didn't divert, & with the Grandeur not scheduled to arrived until 3, they're not going to be too late...but, the passengers on the Dawn must be pretty frustrated (not to mention sick), & probably can't wait to get off the ship. With all of the power outages, trees down, & public transportation not running, I hope they'll be able to enjoy the island by tomorrow. I feel for them, & even more grateful that we had such good weather while we were there over Labor Day.

I've never seen anything on the NCL website regarding updates on a storm or ship during the cruise itself with updates. I've only seen alerts regarding severe weather before the ship is actually scheduled to leave port. Is there somewhere within the site that does that & I've just never seen it?

Both ships are now getting in the channel. Grandeur is in front of the Dawn...wasn't the Dawn scheduled to dock first this morning ? Strange that the Grandeur will now be the first...

Pilot boat is meeting with Grandeur, at least they are both safe and will call in Bermuda !!

It now looks like the ships (Dawn & Grandeur of the Seas) are now circling clockwise around to the south of Bermuda.

The harbor Webcam is looking quite calm now, although who knows about Island infrastructure (roads, power?).

I guess this is the best way to get to the channel the ships must take to enter the harbor, if the storm is heading somewhat north.

Hope they arrive in a few hours.

Anyone heard anything official from NCL yet?

(We had arranged a sailboat charter for late the first afternoon last month, and it was exactly something like this that worried us.)

GeezerCouple

Ooops - they tricked me, and it's not quite Halloween yet.

They've circled back counter-clockwise :o

What matters is that hopefully they'll be arriving at the Port reasonably soon, and hopefully everyone can get on with their vacations!

GeezerCouple

Earlier reports said that 90% of the island was without power. Hopefully that has changed now. For those of you who have sailed on the Dawn to Bermuda you may have seen the catamaran Rising Sun. A reporter said that it had been washed up on the rocks and then off onto Harbor Road.

I too saw the ambulance. Hopefully the worst is over for all of these folks and they can relax and enjoy their trips.

Both ships are in now, but I just saw an ambulance driving away from the Dawn with lights flashing.

Prayers for the sick one, and wishing a full and speedy recovery.

I could hear the sirens but didn't see if it was police or ambulance. I hope whoever is injured/sick is okay. Must have been extra scary for them and their loved ones as the ships had to circle for hours today.

Earlier reports said that 90% of the island was without power. Hopefully that has changed now. For those of you who have sailed on the Dawn to Bermuda you may have seen the catamaran Rising Sun. A reporter said that it had been washed up on the rocks and then off onto Harbor Road.

I too saw the ambulance. Hopefully the worst is over for all of these folks and they can relax and enjoy their trips.

We are supposed to go on the Rising Son in 2 weeks. :( Disappointed as it looked like an awesome excursion.

Just got the news, they are safely docked in Bermuda now. The showed a photo of the Dawn, she looked wonderful!

I watched her and the Grandeur pull into port. People on the ship were cheering - it was a great thing to see and hear!

TS Fay turned out much worse than we expected - supposed to be a little TS but she, damnit, had hurricane force gusts. No structure damages, but a number of old big trees fell. We have had very wet summer that caused soil to soften ... So the mighty trees fell - uprooted.

We were due to fly out to Miami this morning to catch flight to Milan to go to Venice for the Greek Isles cruise, but we were rebooked for tomorrow morning. We lost power at home this morning and when we got call that our boat overturned we went on Harbour Road to see the boat. Saw a few electrical poles fallen and we reckoned we wouldn't be getting power back today, so we booked into hotel in town tonight. So we can refreshen ourselves and get good nights sleep before flying out in the morning.

Another casualty we have is our two very very tall avocado trees - they had been bearing over a thousand pears but they all are now on ground - not fully grown and ready to be picked. :( Also each tree broke one major branch. We heard the thumping of the thousand pears early this morning.

Those 2 trees bear fruit every a few years only, and each time they did, only to lose them to a hurricane or storm. Bad Karma.

Hope pax on Dawn are okay after the rough crossing and get to enjoy the island. Mind you, the Bermudians are very good at clearing the debris up and opening the roads. BELCO is going to have a very busy few days restoring power to homes - please give them thanks - dark green and white trucks.

Edited by bluesea777

TS Fay turned out much worse than we expected - supposed to be a little TS but she, damnit, had hurricane force gusts. No structure damages, but a number of old big trees fell. We have had very wet summer that caused soil to soften ... So the mighty trees fell - uprooted.

We were due to fly out to Miami this morning to catch flight to Milan to go to Venice for the Greek Isles cruise, but we were rebooked for tomorrow morning. We lost power at home this morning and when we got call that our boat overturned we went on Harbour Road to see the boat. Saw a few electrical poles fallen and we reckoned we wouldn't be getting power back today, so we booked into hotel in town tonight. So we can refreshen ourselves and get good nights sleep before flying out in the morning.

Another casualty we have is our two very very tall avocado trees - they had been bearing over a thousand pears but they all are now on ground - not fully grown and ready to be picked. :( Also each tree broke one major branch. We heard the thumping of the thousand pears early this morning.

Those 2 trees bear fruit every a few years only, and each time they did, only to lose them to a hurricane or storm. Bad Karma.

Hope pax on Dawn are okay after the rough crossing and get to enjoy the island. Mind you, the Bermudians are very good at clearing the debris up and opening the roads. BELCO is going to have a very busy few days restoring power to homes - please give them thanks - dark green and white trucks.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that your all doing ok.