Thanksgiving on a cruise ship?

albingirl

We've been on several Thanksgivings on HAL and the dinners have become quite disappointing. It's not just the quality of the meat-- everything looked and tasted like it came straight out of a local cafeteria. The "traditional" components are all there, but the last time they were served cold and the quality was terrible.

This was our experience as well on the Zuiderdam back in 2009. I had asked they same question so I was prepared that it might be great or not. DH and I decided to order a non-traditional meal and cook a mini Thanksgiving meal when we returned. Several of our tablemates got the tradition meal and said it was just so-so. Looked like a turkey roll to me. I think going to the PG is a nice option. We did that on a Christmas cruise once and it was fabulous.

Good luck!

That's is good to know. We are considering a 10-day cruise around Christmas and I was wondering the longer cruise would reduce the number of kids on board.

No offense intended towards families. It is just our preference.

igraf

If you want a Thanksgiving cruise without a lot of kids, book something longer than 7 days. I did a 10-day partial Canal transit over Thanksgiving, and just a handul of pre-schoolers.

Roz