Which Deck?

chrob

We are considering booking our first cruise with Carnival on the Breeze (we have cruised often on other lines). From reading peoples reviews on here it appears the balconies on a lot of the decks are overlooked from above.

Which are the best decks to book to have a private balcony?

Also, can you see straight down into the water from your balcony on any of the decks?

I have not sailed the Breeze but have done her sister ship the Magic three times. Cabin selection if subjective so I can only share with you what works best for DH and me.

I want cabins above and below to decrease the noise. This places me on deck 7 or 8. I want to look down at water not the deck 5 activities so this pushes me forward or aft. Since I also want to be near the food on the Lido including the awful coffee I now am aft. For these reasons we book deck 8 aft of 8440 port and 8447 starboard. With this location it is just two flight up to the lido and there is very limited foot traffic. And while we do your time dining which is usually in the forward MDR breakfast and Sea Day brunch are in the aft so it is a straight shot down for morning meals. Entertainment is mostly forward so all the noise is far away.

I hope this will assist you in choosing the right cabin for you cruise.

Thank you so much. Your reply was very helpful and just the kind of info I was looking for. Having never sailed this line before the specifics in your reply are appreciated.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Edited by chrob

I had 9358 on the breeze in May of this year. The lido resturants are above with a nice overhang. The cabin was in an area with the lido resturant tables being over the room. Never heard any noise and no one on a balcony above us. The space on the lido was like a dead space.

As for a private balcony, the only ones you would really need to be concerned about is a lower aft balcony. The rest of the balconies if you are looking down all you can really see is the person if they are leaning on the rail. Which should be no problem unless you decide to go out every morning to greet the sun in your birthday suit.

Personally I prefer Lido I like being able to just walk out & Im in the middle of everything. The noise isn't bad at all if you go 6 or 8 balconies from the pool area.

Enjoy

We had Lido Deck Balcony cabin 10256 on the Breeze on the 15 day TransAtlantic sailing. We enjoyed the room and had no issues except for the neighbors who let their balcony door slam shut all the time; but this can happen on any deck. There were still cabins above us on but don't recall any annoying noise.

Here are a couple of pics showing the view down from the balcony.

PB061059_zps2026b4f1.jpg

PB061054_zps1db96d42.jpg

PB061068_zps332ea85c.jpg

Just sailed the Breeze last month. Snagged 6468, which is an extended (75 sq. ft), port side aft balcony on deck 6. It's sold as a 6A, and I consider these to be the best kept secret on many Carnival ships!

The Lanai is directly below and does not obstruct the view. Below are a few pictures.

20140925_154416_zps6mogysgi.jpg

Big enough balcony for a lounger, 2 chairs, and small table.

20140921_134008_zpsxho1spw0.jpg

20140921_180500_zps10kjku4q.jpg

20140924_071833_zpszaiog7el.jpg

I really liked the layout of the cabin

20140926_185602_zpslgxogtas.jpg

20140926_185537_zpsgakyvtiy.jpg

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Edited by soccersharon

The only balconies that look straight down to the water on this ship are the cove balconies on deck 2. All other balconies look down on that deck 5 lanai (the outdoor public walkway), which sticks out from the ship and goes all the way around. Some areas of the lanai, such as the aft & far forward, don't stick out quite as far, such as where soccersharon's room was. So if you opt to not get a cove (which I don't know why anyone would opt for that), you would want to pick a spot where the lanai is skinny in the aft or far forward to decrease the lanai obstruction. And deck 7 & 8 are good for the aft, for having rooms both above & below. Decks 7-10 in the forward part will have staterooms both above & below as well. For a non-cove balcony, I would choose deck 10 almost all the way forward, to decrease the lanai obstruction. For insides, deck 7 & 8 midship are great: perfect central location.

I would consider coves to be the best balconies on the ship whether there was a lanai or not. Being so close to the water really is amazing. Just be sure to pick one forward from the midship elevators. From the midship elevators to the back elevators are directly below the noisy galley/kitchen, which is in operation at all hours. Some of those rooms will be okay, some will be a nightmare. Staying forward of the midship elevators will all be fine. Below the dining room is the most ideal. That's where we were. No noise from above whether it was in use or not, and it's totally empty all night long.

Edited by k2excursion

Thank you all so much for all your replies. Are all balconies the same size? I.e. Is a cove balcony the same size as a standard balcony? Also do you still get some sun on the cove balconies?

An absolute sun lover won't like a cove, but one can always get sun elsewhere on the ship. To me, nothing beats a cove.

Thank you all so much for all your replies. Are all balconies the same size? I.e. Is a cove balcony the same size as a standard balcony? Also do you still get some sun on the cove balconies?

Coves are larger than standard balconies. 45 sq.ft. vs 35. It's not a huge difference, but I thought it was noticeable. soccersharon had one of the unique rooms, L-shaped, which is why she had a larger balcony. There are a few rooms like that.

Coves typically don't get much sun. Lifeboats are overhead. If you get one between lifeboats, you may get more sun. I personally prefer not getting sun on the balcony. If I want a tan, I go up on deck. When the sun's rays are the strongest (10:00-2:00), almost no balconies are getting any sun, because the sun is overhead. During the mornings & afternoons, when half the balconies are getting sun, the rays are weak & won't give you much if any tan.

Just sailed the Breeze last month. Snagged 6468, which is an extended (75 sq. ft), port side aft balcony on deck 6. It's sold as a 6A, and I consider these to be the best kept secret on many Carnival ships!

I looked at this for myself but Carnival has it listed as an 8A on their website of deck plans. 6As were deck 2 ocean views?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I looked at this for myself but Carnival has it listed as an 8A on their website of deck plans. 6As were deck 2 ocean views?

So sorry - my mistake! 6468 is indeed an 8A.

So sorry - my mistake! 6468 is indeed an 8A.

Darn. I'm pretty new to cruising so I was really hoping to snag a balcony at an ocean view price. Thanks for the clarification.