EWR meeting place

lovecruzin

We are taking a limo to Cape Liberty with a couple from our roll call.

None of us have been to EWR before so I have no idea where to meet.

We are flying in on United. They are taking a shuttle to the airport to meet us.

I would really appreciate suggestions on where to meet so it is easy to find/recognize each other!!

IMHO the best place to meet someone who is arriving at any airport is at Baggage Claim for the later arriving person's flight. The later arriving person is going to be there anyway, and the earlier arrival can find his/her way there. Also since you are probably leaving the airport, all of the connections (taxi, Limo, shuttle bus) are likely to be right outside.

In your specific case I would have the other couple take the airport shuttle to United arrivals and wait near the baggage carousel for your flight.

An easy way to locate a couple is to have each member of the couple wear the exact same hat from your favorite sports team (while there are likely to be several Red Sox hats in a flight arriving say from Boston, 2 people with the exact same hat is rarer, and 2 couples with matching hats is likely to be unique).

Edited by Pony Player

The above post makes the most sense, but if a flight is delayed or there's some other snafu, who wants to wait around at baggage pick-up? If you both have cell phones, whoever arrives first .....find a comfortable spot, call the other folks and tell em' where you are.

When you say the other couple is taking a shuttle to the airport, is it a shuttle from an airport area hotel? If so, the shuttle will be taking them to the P4 AirTrain station, not to an airline terminal, and if they are meeting you at your airline terminal's baggage claim they will then have to take the AirTrain from P4 to your terminal. It's not that big a deal, but it is something to be aware of because it means their trip to meet you will not be seamless.

Edited by njhorseman

They are parking their car and taking a shuttle to the airport.

I thought about baggage claim and if there isn't anyplace more specific then we'll go with that. They are Canadian so I need to find out if they have an international texting plan.

Thanks for the suggestions ;)

The above post makes the most sense, but if a flight is delayed or there's some other snafu, who wants to wait around at baggage pick-up? If you both have cell phones, whoever arrives first .....find a comfortable spot, call the other folks and tell em' where you are.

I'll agree that if both couples were flying in, one of the flights getting delayed could be a problem (but that is what Airport Starbucks are for) Since only one couple is flying in, the other can monitor their flight and arrive shortly after it lands.

Which Terminal?

United flies mostly out of Terminal C but uses all three terminals. B for international and A for United Express as well as overflow from Terminal C for regular United flights.

United does provide an air side transfer shuttle from C to B3 and A2 (A and B have 3 fingers) and there is always AirTrain outside security.

FWIW