Embarkation Lunch in MDR?

SheriffJoe

Another reason we have learned through the years to not board the ship until the rooms are ready. The buffet is just madness - hugely overcrowded with people and carry-on luggage. Once someone finds a table they don't leave (I understand this, but it is frustrating if you truly are just trying to find a place for lunch). I understand the concept of making the most of every minute of your cruise, or getting your money's worth or whatever - but we view it differently. We try to pick a decent pre-cruise hotel and spend that morning taking a dip in the pool, enjoying a leisurely breakfast, etc.. Makes for a much more relaxing start to the cruise. :D

We had this problem on our cruise last year, no seats available.

Hi Curt,

cruised with you on the Eclipse TA and had dinner with you on the last formal night at Mr. Tiller`s table. I have been wondering how you did on the Summit in August in a inside cabin ???? I know you love the Suite Life. Let me know, Heather

I actually liked the cabin, I love complete darkness when sleeping (partly why I like the CS on M class over RS). For a last minute less than $1000 week long vacation where I got to catch up with several past cruise buddies, I can't complain at all! I had deck 2 forward just behind the staircases, was quiet and I felt hardly any motion, if any.

I've never really paid attention to the elite benefits, and on this one did, so realized they can be handy in some cases, in a suite, not so much, with a beverage package, not so much, but lacking all that, they helped.

Didn't really miss Michaels' lounge though without a beverage package due to the last minute booking, would have been nice, but the elite events helped out on that. Also my TA gifted me some OBC for my business related to the TA in the spring. Also got my shareholder OBC credit, so I got off the ship with only a $90 bill, and I got a haircut in the spa too, as well as paid for Murano and Indulge, and a bottle of wine to share with my table mates.

Another reason we have learned through the years to not board the ship until the rooms are ready. The buffet is just madness - hugely overcrowded with people and carry-on luggage. Once someone finds a table they don't leave (I understand this, but it is frustrating if you truly are just trying to find a place for lunch). I understand the concept of making the most of every minute of your cruise, or getting your money's worth or whatever - but we view it differently. We try to pick a decent pre-cruise hotel and spend that morning taking a dip in the pool, enjoying a leisurely breakfast, etc.. Makes for a much more relaxing start to the cruise. :D

Our upcoming sailing will be only our 2nd with Celebrity. We'll be on Reflection again. The first trip we went to the buffet, total madness, turned around and left. A crew member suggested The Porch. Awesome suggestion.. We lounged and ate up there until our room was ready. Only 4 other tables the entire time we were there. There is a small $5 cover, I think that has gone up to $7. Totally worth the quiet relaxing lunch we had.