Are there any Perks to booking another cruise while onboard?

cruisingbajan

OBC from $50 to $200 depending on length of cruise and you get two friends and family certificates. Those enable others to get the same OBC you do if they book the same cruise within ??? days. I think maybe 60 days.

Correct, 60 days. $50 1-5 day cruises, $75 6 days, $100 7-12, $200 13 or more.

When you book on-board far enough out, are you booked under early saver (your option)? Then do ES rules apply if you have to change the date?

We'd like to book on-board but committing to a specific date, a year out, is very hard for us.

The FCC worked very well for us as we have to sometimes juggle cruise dates and wait to book once we an confirm timelines.

Thanks

Edited by Spudder

Yes, ES rates are available. You can book whatever rate options are currently available. But having done it a few times, ES was always cheapest.

If you know you are going to change, you are probably better off getting a fully refundable rate then booking whatever is best when you change

Otherwise, with ES, you will be subject to the $50/person admin fee for a change. Had to do that a few months ago from a cruise I booked onboard. So, between the OBC and the admin fee, it was a wash. But I would still book ES because the cruise we book is the one we want. Had to change for family issues this time.

We're considering booking on board next month. However, we'd only want to do it if it was in conjunction with a current ongoing sale. Putting a $250 deposit down just to get a $50 OBC doesn't really entice me much. I'd rather book when there is a $50 deposit or 1/2 price deposit sale and just book the Early Saver thru my PVP. Just my two cents! Can be a very good deal but just make sure you do your research.

So is 1/2 price deposit standard for on ship booking or is it dependent on if a current promotion is running?

Thanks for all the previous responses.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It was a one-day special on the Pride when we sailed 3 weeks ago.

I went to the future cruise lecture and found out about it. I suggest doing that.

Good luck!

Twice I have bought a cruise while on a cruise and will do so a 3rd time this January. If you book ES, not much to worry about price changes from later sales because you can call and get your price adjusted up to sailing time. I book Military and I can do the same up to final payment which is about 2 months before sailing. Some will say you will lose your OBC during price changes but that is not true. One time they did say they would remove the OBC and then immediately reinstated it when my TA called them. Have got several price reductions for several hundred dollars so booking early is the best way to go. Bear in mind, you will have to check out every sale because you will not get the price change unless you or your TA ask for it.

Another benefit is that you will get 2 vouchers also for the same OBC. You can give them to anyone who books within 60 days of your booking. Great if friends and family are coming on the same cruise.

Make you sure you have all the data for the cruise purchase prior to your cruise. Some times that line can get a bit long with cruisers who have not the slightest idea of what cruise they may be purchasing. They will have question after question and then walk away.

For a 7 to 8 day cruise, it's an easy $100.

We booked while on our last cruise, while they were running a separate promotion that included a $200 OBC, for a total of $300. We ended up changing room assignments and were very surprised that we lost the $200 OBC, which was very sad and disappointing. After a significant amount of escalation, we were able to keep the $100 OBC when changing rooms, but they definitely didn't want to give it to us.

I still feel like we should have been able to keep the total $300 but I couldn't convince them of that so I settled for just the $100 that they didn't want to give me.

We booked while on our last cruise, while they were running a separate promotion that included a $200 OBC, for a total of $300. We ended up changing room assignments and were very surprised that we lost the $200 OBC, which was very sad and disappointing. After a significant amount of escalation, we were able to keep the $100 OBC when changing rooms, but they definitely didn't want to give it to us.

I still feel like we should have been able to keep the total $300 but I couldn't convince them of that so I settled for just the $100 that they didn't want to give me.

That is a bit of a surprise. Was it the same booking? I know when I changed cruises a few months back, I was able to keep the onboard booking OBC with no problem at all. What was the reason they gave about not moving the full OBC?