Guarantee Cabin results

doconner

Has there ever been a time where you didn't get an assignment by the time you sailed and had to print tags at port with porters?? I recently submitted a request for a price drop, I booked ES in Sept and picked an OV cabin on Empress level (Carnival Inspiration) but yesterday the fare dropped by ALOT! So I called to inquire if I qualified for lower rate, I did and they talked me thru the carnival website to submit the request but because I was paid in full they will be giving me OBC for the difference in fare (Close to $300!!) and change the booking from ES to pack and go and still give us a guaranteed OV cabin of their choice...which is fine with me, I'm a first time cruiser, its only a 3 day cruise and I doubt I'll be spending to much time in room, but I sail March 13th and I'm nervous the switch wont be made in time for me to reprint everything ahead of time. Thoughts?? I did receive an email the same day saying they received my email and they will email again as requests are done in order..blah blah blah...but I feel I may be cutting in close???

FINALLY!!!!

Sail date: 2/14/15

Book date: mid January, I don't remember exactly, about a month out

Assigned date: 2/12/15--- 2 days before sailing!

Booked: OV gty

Assigned: Upper (6) cat. 6c aft

I'm happy... looks like a pretty decent location, near the stairs, but with a floor inbetween us and the dining room.

Sara, sounds like a great room! ENOY and Bon Voyage!!!!

Hello,

Received an upsell offer. Currently booked on the Carnival Conquest 4/4/25 sailing.

Booking date: Jan 2015

Cat: Guarantee Inside

Offer view email: Code M6c this week

Clicked on offer within 45 min of receiving it & it was no longer available. So I called. Best they could do was a 4C for $40.00 total. I said NO THANK YOU.

Does anyone know what the code M6c is? I was thinking oceanview 6c on the main deck. I googled it & it appears to be maybe the port hole rooms? Maybe I'm just reading into it.. LOL

Oh well.. I'm still holding out for something better.

Sue

Looking to try Carnival for the first time. Checking out inside guaranty but afraid my husband and I will end up in the upper/lower twin bed cabin. Does this happen ? Often? Would like to try the gty but scared...I like sleeping in the same bed !

OMG! So I'm reading this post for fun because I just booked an Inside Guarantee 3 days ago. I decide to go look at my booking and I have a room!!

Date: Booked 02/14/15

Ship: Conquest

Class of Guarantee: Inside

Cabin Assigned: 8273 - Cat 4G

Date Assigned: 02/17/15

The room is closer to mid than forward - just mid of the forward elevators. I love a room right near the elevators. And even though we are on deck 8 under Lido, the cabin is under other cabins!! We are near the open area behind the elevators that looks down on the atrium, but that is 3 floors down. Overall very pleased with my room assignment!

Edited by KarenMF

Booked 3 day Ensenada cruise on Inspiration back in sept...had booked ES with price guaruntee and had an inside porthole room on M deck....about a month later got an email to upgrade to an OV room for $20 total. ..i took it and picked a room on Empress deck....last wed feb 11th i saw the fare drop for an OV room on Carnival.com by like 135 pp...so i called carnival and asked how i could get this rate since i had the price guaruntee....i was told i had to forfeit the room i picked and switch to a guarantee OV room as a pack and go rate...so i agreed because it also gave me $270 OBC...i got my room assignment 2/15...aft (like 5th room from back end of ship) on Udeck...im a first time cruiser..but i assume this is a good location and with the OBC ill sleep anywhere ;) we sail March 13th

Looking to try Carnival for the first time. Checking out inside guaranty but afraid my husband and I will end up in the upper/lower twin bed cabin. Does this happen ? Often? Would like to try the gty but scared...I like sleeping in the same bed !

I have the same fear! I booked 2 days ago for a mid April sailing and while I understand they can put me anywhere, I really hope we don't get the upper/lower cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone booked an inside guarantee and not been able to change the bedding configuration until after a cabin has been assigned? I booked on the Valor in May and for some reason on the Carnival website it will not allow me to change the bedding from 2 twins. I don't have a cabin assigned yet, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it?

Mine was like that and as soon as they assigned the cabin, they gave me the ability to change the config.

Bought my brother an inside guarantee and it was assigned 24 days before the cruise. He is in 1202. I am disappointed that it is all the way on the bottom floor and all the way at the front of the ship as I feel he will have a lot of walking. The only good side is that it seems like it has more room.

Has anyone booked an inside guarantee and not been able to change the bedding configuration until after a cabin has been assigned? I booked on the Valor in May and for some reason on the Carnival website it will not allow me to change the bedding from 2 twins. I don't have a cabin assigned yet, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it?

Carnival sets all the rooms up with 2 twin beds, once they know who their guest are then they will put those 2 twin bed together and make a king bed. There are a few rooks that can't do this but not many.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Enjoyed this post. DD and I were booked an OV which was a 1A very near the front of the ship for our March 22nd sailing aboard the Splendor. Initially booked for the price. Because its spring break cruises tend to be a little more pricey.

But kept looking at the deck plans and to switch to another OV would have been another 250pp. Instead for 300 changed to BL. This was yesterday, so no assignment yet. I did a mock booking and there weren't very many balconies left. So just have to wait and see

Date: May 30, 2015

Ship: Carnival Freedom

Class of Guarantee: Balcony Guarantee

Cabin Assigned:

Date Assigned:

No assignment yet (88 days out) but thought I would go ahead and post so I can find the post to come back and update after our assignment. The anticipation is killing me!!! :)

Hello,

Receive my cabin assignment today 3/6/15. Kinda disappointed.

Booked: Jan 2015

Sailing: April 4th, 2015

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Booked: Super Saver Rate

Inside Guarantee

Assigned: 4(b) Cabin 1318

It's a quad room with Upper Bunks for my DH & I, and two teenage girls.

I missed out on an up sell email 2 weeks ago. I called within 45 minutes of receiving it. The offer was no longer available. However, they could offer me a 4© room. I said no thank you.

Oh well... I should be grateful that i'm sailing!!! I am!! I am!!

Good luck to each & everyone one of you.

Sue