Newbie to Cunard

amajaa

Hello to all you Cunarders, we are sailing on The Queen Victoria soon having previously sailed 3 times each on P & O and RCI. I just have a few questions if you don't mind.

This one has probably been asked hundreds of times before but is there a dress code for daytime.I have a couple of pairs of really smart jeans, would it be OK to wear them? Also would it be OK for my husband to wear cargo pants/chinos? We are both happy to dress up at night, it is the daywear I am not sure of.

We are sailing from Southampton. On previous lines we have been given a time to arrive at the terminal but after reading info on CC we normally ignore that and turn up about 12 and are eating lunch 20 minutes later. Do we have to stick to our correct time with QV or can we turn up earlier?

Hello to all you Cunarders, we are sailing on The Queen Victoria soon having previously sailed 3 times each on P & O and RCI. I just have a few questions if you don't mind.

This one has probably been asked hundreds of times before but is there a dress code for daytime.I have a couple of pairs of really smart jeans, would it be OK to wear them? Also would it be OK for my husband to wear cargo pants/chinos? We are both happy to dress up at night, it is the daywear I am not sure of.

We are sailing from Southampton. On previous lines we have been given a time to arrive at the terminal but after reading info on CC we normally ignore that and turn up about 12 and are eating lunch 20 minutes later. Do we have to stick to our correct time with QV or can we turn up earlier?

No dress code during the day, Jeans will be fine

Yes

and Yes

see

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code

Enjoy

Edited by Pennbank

20 minutes may be pushing it a bit but it can be done if you have priority boarding. You will be familiar with the possible delays at security once checked in at Southampton. Bonus with Cunard is that cabins are available as soon as you board unlike having to wait with P&O so you can drop off your hand luggage before going to lunch.

A word of warning. The sea air seems to shrink clothes more on Cunard than P&O - think it may be due to afternoon tea in the Queens Room :)

Edited by cruiser1955

Thanks for your replies both. Pennbank was that yes to we have to stick to the time we are given or yes to we can turn up earlier?

Do we definitely gat bathrobe and slippers with a balcony cabin? I don't want to not pack any and find we don't have them. It says we do on their info page but I saw someone said on facebook the other day you might not get them

My clothes shrank on P & O after I had the chocoholic afternoon tea, strange that.

Edited by amajaa

Thanks for your replies both. Pennbank was that yes to we have to stick to the time we are given or yes to we can turn up earlier?

Do we definitely gat bathrobe and slippers with a balcony cabin? I don't want to not pack any and find we don't have them. It says we do on their info page but I saw someone said on facebook the other day you might not get them

My clothes shrank on P & O after I had the chocoholic afternoon tea, strange that.

Hi there - YES you do get bathrobe & slippers on QV - we have sailed on her a couple of times in a balcony cabin.

We checked in at about 12 noon and were on board and having lunch approx. 30 minutes later - no queue, went straight through. QV is a brilliant ship. Be sure to sample the fish & chips in the Golden Lion!! The only thing I missed on QV was the coffee & kettle in the cabin - I do love a cup of coffee in the morning but had to send OH down to the buffet.

We have also been on a couple of P & O cruises and will be on board Arcadia in about 6 weeks time - counting down............................

Enjoy your cruise.

Yes you may turn up earlier.

20 minutes may be pushing it a bit but it can be done if you have priority boarding. You will be familiar with the possible delays at security once checked in at Southampton. Bonus with Cunard is that cabins are available as soon as you board unlike having to wait with P&O so you can drop off your hand luggage before going to lunch.

A word of warning. The sea air seems to shrink clothes more on Cunard than P&O - think it may be due to afternoon tea in the Queens Room :)

Hahaha, the shrinkage is so true ;)

Hi amajaa,

You will have a wonderful experience. I sailed on QV from Southampton recently.

Turn up at 12 you will be fine. I always turn up around that time.

Also the dress code in the day is relaxed. What you describe will be fine.

Really there is a little beastie crawling around next to your picture of captain pugwash. It is next to your one again on last post as well. How very odd. Hope it isn't a virus but I can only see it next to your pugwash picture not on anyone else's posts.

Edited by amajaa

Really there is a little beastie crawling around next to your picture of captain pugwash. It is next to your one again on last post as well. How very odd. Hope it isn't a virus but I can only see it next to your pugwash picture not on anyone else's posts.

I don't understand it, do you have anti-virus protection?

pug_bug_zpsb6q2flct.gif

pug_bug_zpsb6q2flct.gif

Still can't see it I'm afraid

J

pug_bug_zpsb6q2flct.gif

Hi Cap'n Pugwash an Cruachan

Rather than anti virus protection I would suggest anti bug protection, perhaps a spray containing DEET. Going by your last few posts you both seem to have an infestation problem.

Happy cruising to you both from a P&O regular cruiser.

Forget DEET. I suggest going straight to a decent optician.:)

Sounds like it Cap'n. I can't see the pesky things.

J

This sounds like it could be a variant on the old Bug malware/spyware outbreak of six or seven years ago. If you are seeing the bug, then I would get your security programmes to work. Here's a link to a discussion of the previous outbreak - http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6142_102-294266/bugs-crawling-around-on-screen/.

PS. I could, of course, be totally wrong.