Do you have to check in online?

Legion103

Like the other poster said, just print off your ticket and of course, your luggage tags ( you can get the porters to put some on if you don't have them. Just make sure the cabin number is readable) Also, make sure you don't forget you documentation like passports, birth certificates etc. Some folks do.

Edited by LAWTONCRUISE

I will second or third those thoughts. As the line to enter the terminal building for check in moves, it does so quickly. But you do have to show your cruise documents and passport (or whatever you're using instead of passport) to the security guard to enter the building. Without the cruise document, and I've never seen it happen, but I imagine you would be held out of line and it would be very time consuming while you are processed by security otherwise.

Or just show up? Any documents I need to print?

Yes, definitely. Print your cruise documents (Guest ticket) and your luggage tags.

DO NOT forget your Passport, especially if you are flying to the Port, OR birth certificate, driver's license. We also take our medical cards (in case of emergency, heaven forbid)...Don't forget money!!!

Have a good cruise!

Hi, is checking in online required? Or can I just go to the Pier and NCL will do it?

It is not required but highly suggested and recommended to sign in on line. Otherwise, it delays the lines at check in. It only takes 2 minutes from the comfort of your home and you can print your docs/luggage tags at the same time. Unless you're in a suite, nothing comes by regular mail anymore.

Have a good cruise:)

Hi, is checking in online required? Or can I just go to the Pier and NCL will do it?

Check in at the port goes faster if you are already in their computer.

Also, print out the Guest Ticket since at some ports you have to show it to a security guard to even get into the building.

And please note that on the NCL website it states, "arrive two hours before departure if you don't have your cruise document", "one hour if you do".

Curious as to why you would not want to print out your documents?

Edited by rvsullivan

What if I don't complete the online check in?

If you dont complete it, you can go to theport and they will do everything for you. Bring your paid in full reciept and a copy of your reservation.

You should call NCL and talk with them, they told me I did not have to check in.

You will have to make sure you get there early, I would get there by 10AM. As long as you have your id and proof of the cruise, you should be fine, but call NCL either way so you can hear it directly from them.

I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to check in.. what is the problem? it takes about 5 minutes... do it and be done.. print your docs and luggage tags...

why is this even an issue???

I could not agree more. Why cause fuss for yourself when it isn't needed?