Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

Bugsy 4271,

Do you have a favorite OTW cabana?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Forums mobile app

All of them are good except for a couple which I'll show in these two photos. I don't like them(and neither does Bill who supplied these photos) because they don't have good views.

First is this one. It's the one on the far left, number 10 I believe. It isn't near the water at all

8421164419_87ffe5693e_k_zps010f6f8c.jpg

Second one to try and avoid is this one on the far right. It faces completely inward towards the island and barely sticks out over any water

8422257726_4233e4b7f3_z_zps31e3aaca.jpg

I have a couple of questions regarding which beach is which.

1. On the map it shows Barefoot Beach but not Nellie's. Do they run into each other.

2. On page one the pictures looking from the water at the beach which ones do not have the ladders.

3. Several in our group can handle stairs but not ladders due to age and/or weight.

4. It looks like the OW cabanas are in the shade on the left in the picture and the ones close to the beach are in full sun. Is this correct?

5. In August 2013 we put a $250 deposit for a cabana. That seems to be the OTW cabanas not the beach ones.

6. Does Barefood Beach and Nellie's both have OTW cabanas?

Norine

Edited by Quilting Queen

I have a couple of questions regarding which beach is which.

1. On the map it shows Barefoot Beach but not Nellie's. Do they run into each other.

2. On page one the pictures looking from the water at the beach which ones do not have the ladders.

3. Several in our group can handle stairs but not ladders due to age and/or weight.

4. It looks like the OW cabanas are in the shade on the left in the picture and the ones close to the beach are in full sun. Is this correct?

5. In August 2013 we put a $250 deposit for a cabana. That seems to be the OTW cabanas not the beach ones.

6. Does Barefood Beach and Nellie's both have OTW cabanas?

Norine

1: Kind of... the hillside cabanas are the start of Nellie's Beach. On the map Nellie's is to the right of Barefoot

2. They all have ladders but there are natural steps leading from the one set of four to the beach and from the others you can walk behind them right to the beach

3. As stated above, this will not be an issue

4. The cabanas themselves will provide plenty of shade. The beach cabanas(behind the over the water ones) and hillside have plenty of shade

5. 250 is indeed for an over the water cabana

6. They do, pics are in posts 65 and 66

We currently have an OTW cabana booked on Nellie's Beach, but our friends, with whom we are sharing the cabana are now in a suite. If they are able to get a Barefoot Beach cabana would we be able to cancel our Nellie's cabana and share the BB cabana, even though we are not in a suite?

We currently have an OTW cabana booked on Nellie's Beach, but our friends, with whom we are sharing the cabana are now in a suite. If they are able to get a Barefoot Beach cabana would we be able to cancel our Nellie's cabana and share the BB cabana, even though we are not in a suite?

I believe you can do that. I will check with a friend of mine that recently had one to verify

Ginny, I know you can cancel the cabana that you booked, after you board, we had to do that once. I think you can join your friends in the BB cabana, if they can get one. Or they can join you on Nellie's, if they can't. :)

Ginny, I know you can cancel the cabana that you booked, after you board, we had to do that once. I think you can join your friends in the BB cabana, if they can get one. Or they can join you on Nellie's, if they can't. :)

I agree 100% with Karen's answer. As long as it is suite owner that is renting the cabana on Barefoot Beach, they can take non-suite people with them. Yes, you can cancel yours as long as it is longer than 24 hours before use.

BILL

Edited by BILL-WI

I agree 100% with Karen's answer. As long as it is suite owner that is renting the cabana on Barefoot Beach, they can take non-suite people with them. Yes, you can cancel yours as long as it is longer than 24 hours before use.

BILL

Last year on Freedom, we had to return to Port Canaveral after sailaway, which reduced our time in Labadee to about 3 hours. We canceled our cabana that morning, when it became obvious there wouldn't be enough time to enjoy it.

Just an FYI on pricing for those sailing on Celebrity rather than RCCL! The prices being shown to me online are:

Barefoot Beach:

Standard Cabana - $175

Hilltop/Waterfront - $225

Over the Water - $250

Nellie's Beach:

Standard - $226

Over the Water (Wheelchair Accessible) - $250

Over the Water - $256