Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

They are not showing on our cruise. Is this only for suite guests?

Barefoot Beach cabanas are for suite guests or will be given out to people who would like to be on the list for cabanas if one becomes available. For that you have to inquire on board. If Nellie's Beach is not showing anything available then they might all be booked up

For Nellie's Beach we were able to previously book the cabanas online (December, 2014, on Allure). However, for an upcoming February cruise, this doesn't seem to be an option. Do you have any information if this has changed? Crown & Anchor told me that ALL cabanas now have to be booked either through the shore excursion desk (Nellie's Beach) or through the Concierge (Barefoot Beach) after boarding. :confused: Does anyone have any first hand experience with this procedure?

Great pictures, I love the cabanas! :)

I have not heard of this change so I'm not aware of it. For your February cruise they might all be booked, they do go fast once made available.

Next we'll be covering the beach cabanas at Nellie's. While they are my second favorite behind over the water, it's a very close second. I did enjoy it when we we had one on our November Allure cruise. They are set back from the beach in a somewhat private area and have a good amount of shade if you get tired from the sun. I will also add that we had an awesome cabana attendant by the name of "Mr. Fritz." If you get him, consider yourself very lucky.

Here are a few photos to begin this second leg of this thread:

DSC_0407_zpsb7531562.jpg

1510502_10152175290031189_76168388_n_zpsa682900c.jpg

1518290_10152175298186189_1937513924_n_zpsb94881ad.jpg

Ours had a pretty good view too

DSC_0406_zps2ea0d6b1.jpg

Which OTW Cabana do you recommend for ease to enter the water? Family of 8 going on the Feb. 8/15 sailing and we had booked two OTW Cabanas. Two in our party are in their seventies so may have trouble navigating the ladder. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ones where I was at also have a walkway behind them which will lead you down to the beach.

Sent from my LG G3 using tapatalk

We have the exact same situation. Two cabanas and some people with ladder issues. I'm glad to know there is an alternative way to access the water. :) We pre-booked the cabanas for our May cruise 18 months n advance. We are probably also among the last last of the Nellie's beach cabana people who will have access to the buffet at Barefoot beach because of when we booked.

Off topic - we lived in Ottawa, Ill for 15 years before moving to AZ in 2001. So here's a shout out to Chris for Ottawa! We loved it there, but prefer the winters here.:) We will be back there visiting in two weeks, hopefully before the snow flies.:eek:

We have the exact same situation. Two cabanas and some people with ladder issues. I'm glad to know there is an alternative way to access the water. :) We pre-booked the cabanas for our May cruise 18 months n advance. We are probably also among the last last of the Nellie's beach cabana people who will have access to the buffet at Barefoot beach because of when we booked.

Off topic - we lived in Ottawa, Ill for 15 years before moving to AZ in 2001. So here's a shout out to Chris for Ottawa! We loved it there, but prefer the winters here.:) We will be back there visiting in two weeks, hopefully before the snow flies.:eek:

Been in Ottawa all my life but am looking at moving to Texas. We also have access to the Barefoot Beach buffet since we booked our cabanas for our Quantum cruise well before they made that change October 4th where you can't have the upgraded buffet. I'll touch on the buffet later in this thread

I think that pretty much covers the over the water cabanas. Next we'll cover the beach cabanas. At this point, so the questions wouldn't get lost in posts, I'd like to see if anyone out there has any questions? I'll do my best to answer them

If I may ask, which OW Cabana did you have, at Barefoot Beach or Nelies Beach? In your opion is one betther ther the other in terms of location and view? I know BB is only for suite guite. Thank you.

If I may ask, which OW Cabana did you have, at Barefoot Beach or Nelies Beach? In your opion is one betther ther the other in terms of location and view? I know BB is only for suite guite. Thank you.

Nellie's Beach is pretty good. Can't really speak about BB as I've never been there but will be posting pictures of ones that my friends had later in this thread

I know they offer food and drink in these cabanas. Do they offer other amenities for suite guests such as massages? Just curious what all is available?

I am not aware of any offerings like that. I have not stayed at the ones for the beach guests but friends of mine have so they might be able to answer that one better than me

I know they offer food and drink in these cabanas. Do they offer other amenities for suite guests such as massages? Just curious what all is available?

Hi I've had a couple cabanas on Barefoot beach. No additional amenities except; a cooler with water, float mats and snorkel equipment. Also you won't need to bring towels they will be supplied. If you have a hilltop cabana your cabana steward will set up chairs on the beach for you. I should mention the last time I was at Barefoot this past August, they will only give you 2 float mats per cabana not one per person as they did in the past. If you want any extra mats, you will be asked to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was lucky enough to snag a cabana for our upcoming Grandeur cruise. Very happy as this is our first time with one! My question is what is an appropriate tip for the attendant? I don't want to be a cheapskate but I can't afford to be extravagant either. Thanks in advance!

I was lucky enough to snag a cabana for our upcoming Grandeur cruise. Very happy as this is our first time with one! My question is what is an appropriate tip for the attendant? I don't want to be a cheapskate but I can't afford to be extravagant either. Thanks in advance!

I would say 5 dollars per person in your cabana would be a good amount. If you luck out and get "Mr. Fritz" I would seriously tip him a little extra... he is definitely worth it

Okay I think I've covered the Beach Cabanas at Nellie's pretty well. Later today we'll move on to the Hilltop cabanas. I'll open this thread up now for more questions before starting the next round of coverage later today.

Hope this thread has been informative and fun so far

They are not showing on our cruise. Is this only for suite guests?

I wouldn't panic just yet, we booked a Nellie's Beach Cabana because DW said we were definitely going to have a Cabana at Labadee; but we're in a GS so soon as we can get in touch with the Concierge about a Barefoot Beach cabana-- probably about 2 weeks out-- we'll cancel the Nellie's reservation. I imagine we're not the only ones to go this route.

I have not heard of this change so I'm not aware of it. For your February cruise they might all be booked, they do go fast once made available.

I have been checking for Nellie's Beach cabanas for our February sailing since early last summer, so doubtful they are sold out. If so, I will be able to get one on Barefoot Beach through the Concierge, it's just nice to have one already booked ahead of time. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

I have been checking for Nellie's Beach cabanas for our February sailing since early last summer, so doubtful they are sold out. If so, I will be able to get one on Barefoot Beach through the Concierge, it's just nice to have one already booked ahead of time. :)

Well I know on our Quantum sailing they opened up reservations for excursions all the way back in August of 2013 and within 24 hours all the cabanas were sold out. I did check with a couple of friends and they said they still have been able to reserve them online through the pre cruise planner.

Nellie's Beach is pretty good. Can't really speak about BB as I've never been there but will be posting pictures of ones that my friends had later in this thread

Thank you. I am in a GS for next time in Labadee, but booked an OW Cabana at Nelles Beach just in case I cannot get one at Barefoot Beach.

Thank-you for the great pictures and the wealth of information on this thread. I reserved an OTW cabana in June, 2013 for our cruise in April, 2015 and this will be a surprise for my hubby as we're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!;)

Monica

Thank-you for the great pictures and the wealth of information on this thread. I reserved an OTW cabana in June, 2013 for our cruise in April, 2015 and this will be a surprise for my hubby as we're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!;)

Monica

Excellent and I appreciate the compliment. More to come later, stay tuned :D

Any body know how they choose who gets which cabana?

They don't choose who gets a cabana. You book them online via the pre cruise planner under shore excursions for Labadee when they open up excursions for booking. Once they are sold out online if you want one go to guests services or the concierge to be put on a list for one in case one would become available