BOGO Question- booking 3 cabins

I love how helpful this board is. So I'm getting ready to possibly book 3 cabins which will hold 3 adults and 3 kids total. The kids and us will have connecting rooms and the third cabin (next door without door between) will have Grandpa. I noticed while playing around in pricing that we save the most money if I put 1 adult and 1 kid in each of the rooms so that we can get half off each of the kids. Spreading them out between just the two room we will pay more than a grand more. So, here's my question. If we book with 1 adult and 1 kid in each room, will it really matter if we decide to say, put the kids in the central room adjacent to hours when it comes to actual sleeping arrangements? I can't see how or why they would tell or care, but there may be something that is not occurring to me that someone could shed light on. Thanks!

The important thing to note is though the rooms may be next to each other they may not be all in the same Muster location. Therefore the kids need to report to the muster station originally assigned on their sea pass card at check-in and not the one for the room that you will move them all into later.

I love how helpful this board is. So I'm getting ready to possibly book 3 cabins which will hold 3 adults and 3 kids total. The kids and us will have connecting rooms and the third cabin (next door without door between) will have Grandpa. I noticed while playing around in pricing that we save the most money if I put 1 adult and 1 kid in each of the rooms so that we can get half off each of the kids. Spreading them out between just the two room we will pay more than a grand more. So, here's my question. If we book with 1 adult and 1 kid in each room, will it really matter if we decide to say, put the kids in the central room adjacent to hours when it comes to actual sleeping arrangements? I can't see how or why they would tell or care, but there may be something that is not occurring to me that someone could shed light on. Thanks!

generally speaking it is not a problem and easily done if all three cabins have the same steward and same muster station.

the only time it is a major issue is when the muster stations are different(you must go to the assigned station for the original cabin you are booked in) and of course if the stewards are different the one who gets stuck cleaning up after the kids should be tipped accordingly for three in that one cabin as opposed to the two that are officially booked into it.

The important thing to note is though the rooms may be next to each other they may not be all in the same Muster location. Therefore the kids need to report to the muster station originally assigned on their sea pass card at check-in and not the one for the room that you will move them all into later.

Excellent point. It's too bad that the RCI reps do not have a set of deck plans that show the muster stations for the different ships so that this could be avoided. It's not like they hange as the muster rations are posted on the back of all the cabin doors.

Thanks for the info, I just booked this morning and they did allow me to put two kids in one room and two adults in another, but the third had to be one adult and 1 child to still get the BOGO. We are staying in 9574, 9576, and 9578. If the two youngest had to maneuver muster by themselves that could get interesting. Very excited!

Not sure how you are booking but be aware that RC online will not let you book the minors in the cabin by themselves. You need to call or have your TA call (travel agents cannot book online with only minors in a stateroom either).

However, being concerned that the kids will be in a different muster station would be reason enough for me to book 1 adult/1 child in each cabin if they are young.

I booked through a RCI agent over the phone and that was how she booked us. She said that as long as there is a door between two adjacent cabins that we are allowed to put the kids in a separate cabin. We have a year to think about it, I guess we can always switch if needed.

I booked through a RCI agent over the phone and that was how she booked us. She said that as long as there is a door between two adjacent cabins that we are allowed to put the kids in a separate cabin. We have a year to think about it, I guess we can always switch if needed.

Booking over the phone you didn't need to have a connecting room to book minors in a seperate room. No sure why she told you you did. The rooms need to be next to each other or across the hall, from my understanding, but not connecting.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just had a moment of panic/realization. I booked cabins 9572-9576, two D4s and 1 D5 on Oasis using this sale and assigning two ppl per cabin. In reality, the plan is for the 3 kids to sleep in one cabin. Do the D4's have a sleeper sofa? I know that I will not be able to fit 3 kids on a queen.... honestly, I assumed that they all would...

So I just had a moment of panic/realization. I booked cabins 9572-9576, two D4s and 1 D5 on Oasis using this sale and assigning two ppl per cabin. In reality, the plan is for the 3 kids to sleep in one cabin. Do the D4's have a sleeper sofa? I know that I will not be able to fit 3 kids on a queen.... honestly, I assumed that they all would...

There are no sofa beds in 9572, 9574, or 9576.

Well, that stinks. I called and now the the BOGOHO sale is over I can't re-book without the price going up. So, I guess my next question. Is the sofa (that doesn't turn into a sofa bed) large enough for a 5-year old boy to sleep on for a week?

Probably.

Well, that stinks. I called and now the the BOGOHO sale is over I can't re-book without the price going up. So, I guess my next question. Is the sofa (that doesn't turn into a sofa bed) large enough for a 5-year old boy to sleep on for a week?

are you sure it went up?