Can we visit these places on our own CASABLANCA-AGADIR-CADIZ

NBJ

:We are visiting these places, we haven't been to these before, I would be grateful for your expertise knowledge. We like doing our own thing, not the organised tours, but are these places easy and safe to visit on our own. Await your suggestions. Thank You

:We are visiting these places, we haven't been to these before, I would be grateful for your expertise knowledge. We like doing our own thing, not the organised tours, but are these places easy and safe to visit on our own. Await your suggestions. Thank You

Most definitely 'Yes' for Cadiz. A lovely walk-off port of call and easy to explore on foot independently. Unless you specifically want to go on a particular excursion somewhere I'd recommend staying in Cadiz; nice promenade around the promontory, lovely gardens on the opposite side from the berth, a lovely sweep of beach, an interesting fort/museum to wander around, cafes and great views from the top of the cathedral tower. Great PoC imo.

Agadir is a little way from the town but walkable I believe. If you want to attempt it. I've read that you should take care with taxis both in terms of prices and being ripped off. Actually read of some passengers the driver wouldn't take back without further payment. I think there is potential for quite a bit of hassle here. (This is second hand though - better if someone could confirm that.) We chose to take a half day trip to Taroundant which we enjoyed to experience something of the culture (and tree climbing goats!) - but we were pleased to be in a group.

Similarly we took a half day excursion in Casablanca to the Mosque which was both very interesting and beautiful. You sail in past it on the waterfront as you approach the port. I think you could walk there though whether that's advisable I don't know. Again more advice needed I think. We also had a tour of the city as part of that excursion and all I can say is that it wasn't a bit as I had imagined it would be. I think I had a rather romantic image of a glamorous city with lots of palm trees etc. It wasn't - not very attractive at all. I was pleased we'd done a trip there too.

Cadiz you can do..we have just wandered around there, or got on a HO HO bus.

Casablanca/Agadir you maybe able to-depends how well you would cope with the locals trying to stop you and sell you something every 2 mins.

In Agdir we did a tour that showed us goats up a tree and were taken to a bazaar. we wandered round there on our own perfectly ok..(others in the group just stayed where they were left and didn't move at all) If I remember correctly we even managed to purchase something for a good price.

Cadiz is lovely to wonder around, lovely gardens, we went to the Camera Obscura as well, great views all around up there!

The second time we went, we did a trip to Jerez, which was good too.

Casablanca I would recommend an excursion, its a lovely place out of the port, most people we spoke to did their own thing and didn't like it, we go to view so much more, the mosque etc

Casablanca is one of our favourite places we have ever visited. BUT we did a tour with a guide who was a local and knew the places and the people and could actually explain everything. We also weren't hasseled by anyone and got to see the "real" Casablanca - the multi-million pound homes that look like Beverly Hills, the Hassan Mosque which is incredible (but go with an empty bladder - you won't want to wee there!), the real markets where the locals buy food, plus the other popular tourist areas that you may otherwise miss. It's a very much more mixed/blended city than we expected - poverty and affluence, contemporary and traditional culture.

Cadiz... a really lovely town, and it has a safe feeling about it. We wandered around all day.

Agadir.. we just got the shuttle bus to the promenade and walked a bit and had coffee. Not a lot to see without a proper excursion.

Never been to Casablanca.. but people have said its not the romantic place we are led to believe. Someone said they got off, had a quick look and got straight back on the boat. Perhaps an excursion is better from there, but I don't know a lot about it.

Edited by indiana123

Assuming Casablanca and Agadir are similar to Tangier where I went last month I would you need a tour to get the best from your visit. We had a wonderful walking tour of Tetouan whereas people who stayed and DIY'd in Tangier met with hassle and soon went back to the ship.

Casablanca is one of our favourite places we have ever visited. BUT we did a tour with a guide who was a local and knew the places and the people and could actually explain everything. We also weren't hasseled by anyone and got to see the "real" Casablanca - the multi-million pound homes that look like Beverly Hills, the Hassan Mosque which is incredible (but go with an empty bladder - you won't want to wee there!), the real markets where the locals buy food, plus the other popular tourist areas that you may otherwise miss. It's a very much more mixed/blended city than we expected - poverty and affluence, contemporary and traditional culture.

We did this one too - it is fantastic, so glad we did, I think if we had just got off at the port we would have been saying the same as people who did just that. So glad we got to see it for what it was :)

Cadiz is one of my favourite ports and most definitely doable on your own - wandering about the old town is lovely.

I have though also taken a tour to Seville from Cadiz and that was amazing as well. When we went there we were delayed as a bridge was closed and we had to go the long way so I was glad we had a taken a ships tour rather than gone independently

Casablanca we took a half day tour and I am glad we did - we saw the mosque, and the palace and the posh houses as well as some time in a market. i would not have got to see all that on my own and would not have felt comfortable on my own