Upgrade ~ Princess vs RCCL

99florida

Royal has pricing like that on Freedom right now plus solo rates at 150%. $329 for Inside Nov 9.

It's not just Princess

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Freedom is an 8 year old ship with an older design that has been doing the same runs for all 8 years. I know, we were on it June 2006.

The Regal Princess is a brand new ship with a totally new design and should be priced much higher since all prior Princess ships built from 1996 on look the same inside, until the new 2013 Royal Princess sported the same new design that the Regal has. Look how RCI is pricing the all new Q class as well as the Oasis class. No $400 per week cabins there.

This is reflected in the share price, RCCL has soared while CCL plc... hasn't.

Freedom is an 8 year old ship with an older design that has been doing the same runs for all 8 years. I know, we were on it June 2006.

The Regal Princess is a brand new ship with a totally new design and should be priced much higher since all prior Princess ships built from 1996 on look the same inside, until the new 2013 Royal Princess sported the same new design that the Regal has. Look how RCI is pricing the all new Q class as well as the Oasis class. No $400 per week cabins there.

This is reflected in the share price, RCCL has soared while CCL plc... hasn't.

Oasis doing 5 night for $299

Ok, we are aboard the Island Princess now. Very easy embarkation at 11:45 AM. Lunch was being served drinks were being poured lots of staff on hand to help you if needed. Never saw so many in the Windjammer type atmosphere on RCCL. We were able to get into our state room deluxe balcony as soon as we boarded the ship. Did not have to wait to 1 PM or 1:30 PM. Had a quick bite to eat and when we went back to the room I'll luggage was there. This was 12:30(ish). We have not noticed any major worn out areas as others had previously posted. Our deluxe balcony (upgrade) is just fine. Lots of fellow passengers and seems almost full to capacity. Let's hope the entertainment is good, this is where I feel princess lacks. Staff is very friendly and outgoing. Bon Voyage 🚢🚢

Next week, Oct 27. GGG Sale

Oct 27, 4 days out. An empty cabin generates no revenue and the company has to pay a pct of the tip guarantee to the cabin attendants.

<edit> One assignable cabin at this rate, all others are guarantees. Go for those and you might get real lucky. This is for insides.

6 Oceanviews.

Bring hiking boots.

Edited by The Big Booper

Ok, we are aboard the Island Princess now. Very easy embarkation at 11:45 AM. Lunch was being served drinks were being poured lots of staff on hand to help you if needed. Never saw so many in the Windjammer type atmosphere on RCCL. We were able to get into our state room deluxe balcony as soon as we boarded the ship. Did not have to wait to 1 PM or 1:30 PM. Had a quick bite to eat and when we went back to the room I'll luggage was there. This was 12:30(ish). We have not noticed any major worn out areas as others had previously posted. Our deluxe balcony (upgrade) is just fine. Lots of fellow passengers and seems almost full to capacity. Let's hope the entertainment is good, this is where I feel princess lacks. Staff is very friendly and outgoing. Bon Voyage 🚢🚢

Have fun and good luck with the shower stall.

Oct 27, 4 days out. An empty cabin generates no revenue and the company has to pay a pct of the tip guarantee to the cabin attendants.

<edit> One assignable cabin at this rate, all others are guarantees. Go for those and you might get real lucky. This is for insides.

6 Oceanviews.

Bring hiking boots.

Since you have the time, why don't you get back with us on the quality of stateroom availability on the Princess sale. :banghead:

Have fun and good luck with the shower stall.

Yes, the shower stall was rather on the small size and I am only 5 '3'. However I have survived and ready to enjoy the night. Welcome aboard party tonight, Motor City for show time, some Wake Show (?), late night happy hour BOGO, Thursday night football big screen, so plenty to do for the first night. Ok that's it. Electronics now being shut off and ready to relax 🚢

They spend a lot of time on the internet and apparently you spend a lot of time plastered. Frankly, I'd rather be on a ship with people like them.

Just saw your response, and I couldn't agree more...LOL High-fives to you. ^^^^5 ;)

Just got off the ship and it was a great four days. Average age was 50 which was good considering most travel much older on this line. They said it was a younger crowd. lol.... Service was superior, food was excellent, drinks way too sweet (it is the brand they use vs Island Oasis),shows were decent (Bayou show was the best!). Singers were medicore at best. Eduardo our room stewart was top notch. All in all a nice relaxing time (which we were going for) without our children. Definitely would sail with Princess again but must stay with RCCL with our children. BTW: whoever complained that it needs to go into dry dock is a complainer. The ship looked great for its age. Nor worse off than Vision, Enchantment, Freedom, or Jewel. They are all nice looking well kept up ships. Also never used the vast amount of internet minutes given. However it was good to have if and when needed to connect with family.

• 4 weeks later...
Big Wow.

Do you really want to go on a cruise and sit around and play on the internet?

I don't.

Also, I brought 8 bottles of wine on Princess this year.

They didn't seem to care......

8 bottles of wine? Seriously? Just 2 of u? How did you manage that? I'll be on a Princess Cruise in a few weeks. Gotta get a good tip like this first.