Bucket of beer

Koolaid33

Never sailed on RC before and trying to find out of the drink package is right for me. I mostly drink beer and was looking at the select package since it only has beer and wine. I also didn't know how much a bucket would be. Im did see they sold small coolers and didn't know if that was RC bucket ?? Any one help me out??

Also can u buy the drink package on your second day on the boat??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never sailed on RC before and trying to find out of the drink package is right for me. I mostly drink beer and was looking at the select package since it only has beer and wine. I also didn't know how much a bucket would be. Im did see they sold small coolers and didn't know if that was RC bucket ?? Any one help me out??

While they have buckets, there isn't any discount. You pay the going rate for each beer in the bucket. The cooler bags (if they have them) are buy eight beers and get the bag for free. You can only get one drink at a time with the packages, so neither of these would qualify. I believe you can buy the package up to the midpoint of the cruise, but I'm a bit fuzzy on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by orville99

Yes. As long as there's at least 4 days left you can buy the package.

Hmmm - so which is it? Is RCI currently offering buckets/coolers of beers and, if so, is there some kind of discount (cooler freebie on 1st order & discount on subsequent orders) like buy 5 get one free? anjomojo's pricing sounds like buy 4 get 1 free for the second round but orville99 is saying no discount. :confused:

Also, does anyone know if these are offered on the Navigator. DH is thinking about foregoing a drink package so we're trying to figure out what other drink discounts may be available. Speaking of which - does anyone know what R Hour is in the R Bar on the Navigator?

When you buy a drink package you have to purchase it from that day until the end of the cruise and there must be at least 4 days left (or 3 days on a 3 day cruise). So you can purchase on the 2nd day on a 5 day or longer cruise and you can even wait until the 4th day on a 7 day cruise if you want.

There doesn't seem to be a standard across the fleet. We were on Oasis in August and they had no deals at all, they were selling the bags but no deal afterwards. On Serenade in May no bags but they were doing happy hour deals for several hours a day on sea days (BOGO), on Allure in March they had the bags with the deal mentioned above.

On the RC cruises I've been on, the buckets of beer usually include a 'free' one. The drink packages only allow you to get one drink at a time, buckets of beer are not included in drink packages.

I was on explorer in august. I had drink package. I like to have beers in the fridge of the cabin. Sometimes just as enjoyable to sit on the balcony and have a couple beers. Anyway the first day i bit the bullet and bought a bag of beers.. After the fridge was empty I smartened up!! We were traveling with two other couples all whom had the package. I just borrowed their sea-pass cards and was able to replenish the fridge. Worked out pretty well.