Having trouble transferring to travel agent?

Anyone having trouble with this recently? We booked and then decided to transfer to a TA. RCCL said to allow 10-12. When I have done this in the past it took less than a week. This past Monday would have been the 12th business day. I called today and they said it would be another week.

Anyone having trouble with this recently? We booked and then decided to transfer to a TA. RCCL said to allow 10-12. When I have done this in the past it took less than a week. This past Monday would have been the 12th business day. I called today and they said it would be another week.

We had a similar situation in June. It took over 3 weeks and a couple of emails to Executive Customer Service! The explanation was that they were very busy. I've done this many times and usually it's 3-4 business days. I was glad I wasn't close to the end of the 60 days. Good Luck!

Last week I called again and they finally said "We're sorry. We will do this on a rush priority now." So I called today and all 12 cabins were still not transferred. They claimed that I did not fax in the forms for 2 out of the 12. I faxed them all at the same time. And I even got a confirmation page back from my fax machine telling me it all transmitted.

I wish this could be done via email or over the phone. Faxing is kind of an antiquated way to handle.

I also wish I had a direct number to call the TA transfer department directly.

So now they said I have to fax the 2 forms they do not have back in again. :mad:

I faxed the transfer form on Friday - saw the change on my reservation on the RC website on Monday...but it was to the wrong travel agency! Spent a long time on the phone Monday afternoon to get it fixed, they told me 24 hours but nothing has changed yet. What a mess, this was my first time doing this, I will never try it again, the TA perks are not worth it.

Keep calling. It took a few weeks when I transferred last year, and I was getting the runaround. First they told me to fax a form in, then they confirmed they received the form and it would take a week. A week passed and I called and was told no one received the fax, that I needed to send it to another number and it would take another week. I kept on calling and getting different responses. Finally, I escalated it high enough that someone on the phone with me manually put things in motion to make the transfer happen within the next 48 hours.

Once the transfer finally went through, I noticed the price was $100 more than what I originally booked. It was *not* my TA tacking on an extra charge, RCCL acknowledged it was a blip in the system. So, make sure to check your invoice once it goes through.

Just curious. Was there any specific reason why you booked with RCCL instead of a travel agency initially? I just booked the Allure for the end of January and I checked at least 7 websites including Royal's. The prices were exactly same on every one of them. My decision to use an agency came down to the base fact that RCCL would not give me any OBC and the agency I decided to use did. Hope your transfer goes through without further anxiety.

Booked with RC initially because I got an email about the new GSs being added on Oasis and wanted to grab one, so quickly jumped on the RC website and made reservation since I knew these would go fast...then decided to trade in time share week to get the price down a little. So had to book a week at time share, then go through Interval International's travel agency affiliate for the trade and transfer the existing reservation to them, only perk was they took care of pre-paid gratuities.

Checked my reservation on line this morning, and it has been fixed! Took a little longer than RC said it would, but they got it done!