I have a silly question from a first time cruiser.

Totsiejen14

I have never cruised before and am taking my first one next July to Bermuda on NCL's Breakaway. I am beyond excited. But I have a stupid question. From my research so far I have discover that coffee on the ship is free in the dining and buffet. And specialty coffee is extra $. But with the coffee maker in your cabin, is that coffee also free or do they charge you like the mini bar, bottle water and sodas in your cabin? And if they do charge for that could I bring my own coffee and just use there coffee maker in my room?? I need my first cup of coffee before I can even think about functioning. And having to shower, dress and adventure out before I can have that is a scary thought...lol. Please any info would be great!

I have another question if anyone knows. I plan on bringing a bottle of wine with me on board and I know you can not bring a cork screw in your carry on. But can I pack one in my check bag so I can have my wine in the cabin? I would rather find out now so I don't delay our baggage being brought to our room if I pack one in there.

Edited by Totsiejen14

I have another question if anyone knows. I plan on bringing a bottle of wine with me on board and I know you can not bring a cork screw in your carry on. But can I pack one in my check bag so I can have my wine in the cabin? I would rather find out now so I don't delay our baggage being brought to our room if I pack one in there.

When you pay the corkage fee between security and check in they give you an NCL corkscrew. If you aren't flying to port tho, no problem with it in your carry on, I always take a spare!

I have never cruised before and am taking my first one next July to Bermuda on NCL's Breakaway. I am beyond excited. But I have a stupid question. From my research so far I have discover that coffee on the ship is free in the dining and buffet. And specialty coffee is extra $. But with the coffee maker in your cabin, is that coffee also free or do they charge you like the mini bar, bottle water and sodas in your cabin? And if they do charge for that could I bring my own coffee and just use there coffee maker in my room?? I need my first cup of coffee before I can even think about functioning. And having to shower, dress and adventure out before I can have that is a scary thought...lol. Please any info would be great!

Only balcony cabin categories and higher have coffee makers in cabin. Free.

Room service coffee and breakfast pastries delivered to your cabin are also free though many of us give a dollar or two as a tip to the delivery guy.

You can carry most corkscrews in your carryon. And, you can carry anything up to but not including sub machine guns in your checked bag (not exactly, but you get the point). Every one of our bags, check and carryon have a corkscrew in them.

You can take your own coffee as well.

AND - when asking questions here, feel free to include the question in the subject line. It helps you, and others.

We were on the Breakaway last month. We always brought coffee with us for the room, however on this ship they use coffee pods. We just asked the room steward for extras, he'll bring as many as you like. I did like the coffee in the room. Didn't get room service coffee, but the coffee in the buffet and restaurants was awful! My splurge was the Coffee bar in the atrium. Best coffee on the ship!

Thank you all. I will bring a corkscrew in my check bag. Not flying. Driving from NJ to NY so no problem there. :) We have 2 balcony joining rooms so there is a coffee maker.

Thank you all so much!

There is nothing better than sitting on my balcony with a cup of coffee early in the morning!! I need a cruise now:eek:

I'm looking forward to my first cup of coffee sitting on my balony :p

All the information was great everyone! Thank you so much.

I had already found out the mini bar and bottle water are not free. We are planning on bringing our own case of water.

Are the Breakaway balcony cabin coffee pots ALL pod/K-Cup machines? I want to be sure to bring the right type of coffee :)

They take a disposable paper filter disk filled with coffee. I'm not sure if those are readily available.

If you can't find the coffee discs, I bring instant Starbucks which is wonderful nothing like the instants like Nescafé this is wonderful and just run water through the coffee maker into the cup and add the Starbucks. I never travel without it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk