Parking at Port Canaveral?

jaxfl

OK where to park at Port Canaveral?

If you are driving down and not spending the night at one of the hotels under the "Stay & Park" special, where is the easiest, fastest, safest and cheapest place to park. Your experiance and review at this would be welcomed.

Thanks

in advance

When it is just my husband and I we use park-n-cruise but when we have our kids with us we cough up the money for parking at the port. When we have all of us, it is totally worth the convenience.

We drive to Florida but stay the night before closer to Tallahassee because the costs are much lower. If we can get a better deal then we will stay at a hotel that offers free parking. We have only done this one time.

I too, use Park-n-Cruise, although they aren't as good as they used to be. (GROWN LOTS in the last couple of years!) They now "valet park" your car, and keep the key, and I've not had any problem with that, but prefer to keep my keys myself. Good service on the free shuttle. I've not had to wait over 10 minutes or so, for the shuttle either way. I've noticed however that there is always a BIG mob of people for the shuttle to the Raddison Lot. For the price, and savings, it's well worth it IMO.

"SKY"

We generally use Park N Cruise in Port Canaveral and have been more than satisfied. We have used them for years. Now that we have to leave our keys, I drive our older car to the port and don't mind handing over the keys. No one is going to bother with my 15 year old Maxima and I don't leave anything of value in the car. Plus, we are "on the way" towards our 7-8 hour drive home.

We've also had to surrender keys in Ft. Lauderdale off site parking.

I used the Radisson parking ONCE when we stayed there (ONCE) and had a bad experience with the parking situation so we never gave then another chance. Too many other parking options. (BTW - can't figure out why so many CC's stay there. OK - the pool is nice but that is about it. I guess this is conversation for another thread )

OP - I know you don't need a hotel for this trip but for future plans -

Lately we've stayed at Cocoa Beach hotels that offer a 40% of coupon to park at the port. I think there are some hotels in Titusville that also have this offer. That is our favorite arrangement, especially for shorter cruises.

good luck and enjoy

Thanks so far for the answers, the wife just said she wants to go down the day before.... so am now looking at staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach for the night and just using the shuttle they have to the port and back.

Any thoughts on that ?

Edited by jaxfl

Good idea.

We find that for a 7 night it is often financially best to use the hotel parking rate package. For a 3/4 day it is best for us to use the coupon to take 40% off at the port or use an off site lot. The hotel parking packages are the same rate regardless if you are leaving the car for 3 or 7 nights. Often it is not a good deal for just a 3 night cruise.

safe travels

m