Night time weather when out at sea

kmac30

I have never cruised this time of year before, we are leaving on Nov 6th (Bahamas), what is the weather like at night when out at sea? Is it chilly? If we are in the open air decks will I need jeans and a sweater? Thanks so much

It can get chilly on those decks at night. The wind blows so hard when the ship is moving so I usually bring a few light long sleeve shirts for night time. The ship also gets very chilly/cold at night also so it is good for inside and outside.

I LOVE sitting out there under the stars and dark of night with a glass of wine. Yes..it is a tad chilly. I usually have my robe on or sweater if it is early.

Saw my first shooting star on a balcony at sea.

One of my favorite things to do also! I am so glad I only have 10 days to go. :D

We went in December of last year and the evening weather was quite nice. I do recall my DW needing a blanket while watching the late movie on the lido deck. I was still in my swim trunks and a t-shirt though :D

AZmike480

Dont know where you are sailing fom-we have done the Bahamas this time of year 4 times, all four departures were done when it was cool-so first night needed a coat to be outside, second night while down past Miami, warm enough for a sweater, and the two nights in the Bahamas were warm enough for just a wrap. Enjoy!

How about during the day? We are leaving from Miami and stopping at St Thomas, Antigua, San Juan and Nassau... Swimming weather? Too cold?? Is the pool in the ship heated or will everyone be packed like sardines in the hot tubs? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise typically in January and I know that's different than November, but it just all depends. If it is windy, you can absolutely need a coat or a jacket or sweatshirt. I always pack one just in case. But I get cold easily.

I usually keep my shorts on and just throw a sweatshirt overtop of whatever I was wearing during the day. But if you are deciding if you should pack one or not, it's something I would for sure pack!