Explorer Of The Seas Promenade Staterooms

tm3750

Never been on a Voyager class ship and currently have an interior stateroom. I have the opportunity to move to a Promenade stateroom for very little money. Is there any value in this??? Is it that much better? I understand the room is a few feet larger and a window overlooking the Promenade.

We had a PR cabin on Explorer and really enjoyed it. Having the window overlooking the Royal Promenade is so much nicer than having a regular IN cabin, IMO. There's a window seat and it's nice to be able to sit there and look at what's happening on the Promenade. Just remember to close the curtains when you're dressing/undressing;)

The layout of the Promenade cabins is much better than the typical inside cabin, there is a little more room and the bed layout is much better.

Most times you will have your curtain closed for privacy but the parades are neat to watch from your cabin. If it's a small amount to upgrade, go for it.

I've walked through a PR on Voyager/Navigator on cabin crawls and compared to an interior, I'd go for it...especially if it's for a minimal cost. The window seat overlooking the Promenade will be very nice for people/parade watching at any time.

Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise!!

Karen

A "promenade" cabin is an inside cabin.. but it overlooks the interior of the ship. It's an optical illusion because of the window. If you don't like the total darkness of an interior, take the PR...otherwise, save your money and deal with the dark!

My inlaws have a connecting PR view... what is wrong? I think they get chairs rather than sofa, possibly neighbour noise, but what other negatives?

Had cabin 7307 on Explorer almost 4 years ago. Could hear normal conversation as well as tv though the door. Could see light in other cabin through the door. Never again

Edited by SeaUs

tm3750 - Different strokes for different folks, but I would jump on that in a minute! Did a promenade on the Freedom class and to me a HUGE upgrade from a basic interior. Loved the view over the promenade and if it's even close to the price of an interior, I think most folks would be MORE than pleased!

tm3750 - Different strokes for different folks, but I would jump on that in a minute! Did a promenade on the Freedom class and to me a HUGE upgrade from a basic interior. Loved the view over the promenade and if it's even close to the price of an interior, I think most folks would be MORE than pleased!

I agree, just not connecting

Have had several PR cabins. The only one I had an issue with was the connecting cabin, heard more noise thru the connecting door, but didn't ruin my cruise. Love the layout, and love the bay window seat to sit and people watch, read or just stretch out and relax.

I have always selected a Promenade cabin over an inside cabin on Voyager class ships. Well worth the money especially If the $ increase is minimal. Having the light from the window and the bay window seat to people watch is a true bonus. Keep in mind, deck 6 and 7 have much better views to people watch than deck 8 cabins.