Bottomless Bubbles vs buying sodas individually

mintsugarcube

I drink a lot of soda, but the most I would ever purchase in a day is 3 cans. And certainly less on sea days. With 3 per day average, you are better purchasing individual cans. $5.85 vs $6.00, before tip on each. And don't forget that you can carry on 12 per person at embarkation, and you can purchase more in port to carry back on.

Keep in mind that if you buy a Coke you don't get the entire can, they pour it in a glass with ice. And use the rest for the next person.

I think that is a little backwards. If you have the Bottomless Bubbles they will pour your drink from the can over ice and save the rest for the next person. But if you buy it individually you get the whole can. At least that is what has happened to us.

Sharon

Keep in mind that if you buy a Coke you don't get the entire can, they pour it in a glass with ice. And use the rest for the next person.

And as others have said it includes juices

Are you saying I can't buy a can of Coke on the ship? This post confused me.

I think that is a little backwards. If you have the Bottomless Bubbles they will pour your drink from the can over ice and save the rest for the next person. But if you buy it individually you get the whole can. At least that is what has happened to us.

Sharon

That makes sense, Sharon. Do they have any specials like on Princess where I can buy 6 cans of Coke for the price of 5 from room service?

Since the introduction of the program I've made the purchase within minutes of stepping aboard. Our cruise in September might have changed that. First some logistics:

You get a sticker, it's $6.00 a day for adults, most ships use canned soda but some are switching to the soda gun. The Glory had the gun already.

The easiest benefit has now vanished. Prior to September all you had to do was show the sticker, order a drink and they would fill a cup and send you on your way. No longer.

Now they take your card, scan it, generate a sales receipt complete with a line for gratuity and want your signature. For adults this might be fine, for kids this is a mess.

Inventory control, gratuities, not sharing, all these things are speculative reasons, but it's become a hassle.

The benefits are ordering a soda one time in the MDR and having it waiting for you at your table every night after that assuming fixed time dining is your choice.

And as others have posted juices are included. I get pineapple juice throughout the day at bars and for breakfast.

Your call!

Edited by BallFour4

Please know that taste is subjective. Some people will only drink bottled water (that is filled from a tap :) )... I happen to like the iced tea, lemonade, and water. And in the morning, there are at least 3 types of juices, including orange.

One of my girls (age 13) last week got the bottomless bubbles and one did not.. She never had a problem signing for her soda.. I told her to just leave all the lines blank and just sign and it turned out just fine.. My other daughter (age 10) did not get the bb because she prefers lemonade but she did 2 or 3 occasions grab a soda on lido and she just signed as well with no problems leaving the tip and total lines empty since they automatically add gratuity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like BB is $6 per day. Can't recall how much a soda is. Can anyone help me out? Need to figure out what the "breakeven" number is to see if it makes sense to get it or not.

Thanks!

Our son has purchased BB multiple times and to me it is more hassle than its worth. When you order in the MDR they bring it from the bar and it takes forever. If having lunch on the lido you have to make multiple trips due to one glass at a time and the bartenders seem to have attitude when they see the sticker. I take a 6 pack on board for my morning glass and drink water the rest of time. If I see I'm running short I'll pick up a couple extras on shore while we're in port.

That makes sense, Sharon. Do they have any specials like on Princess where I can buy 6 cans of Coke for the price of 5 from room service?

You can pre-order through Bon Voyage 6 cans for $10 (which is basically, buy 5 get 1 free). Since you can order alcohol at the same rates through room service that you can through Bon Voyage, it would not surprise me if you could also order the 6 pack of sodas the same way.

I drink a lot of soda, but the most I would ever purchase in a day is 3 cans. And certainly less on sea days. With 3 per day average, you are better purchasing individual cans. $5.85 vs $6.00, before tip on each. And don't forget that you can carry on 12 per person at embarkation, and you can purchase more in port to carry back on.

soda card when purchased included the tip. individual cans are 2.10 each can Soda card is for a glass full only. (dinner could be spent waiting for the second refill

Our son has purchased BB multiple times and to me it is more hassle than its worth. When you order in the MDR they bring it from the bar and it takes forever. If having lunch on the lido you have to make multiple trips due to one glass at a time and the bartenders seem to have attitude when they see the sticker.

This, right here, is my favorite thing about Princess... the fact that I don't have to deal with extended wait times, bartenders who attempt to ignore you, waiters who continuously "forget" or those who would rather walk around to try and sell alcoholic beverages to get a tip. At Horizon Court, the first thing they ask when you sit down is if you want to drink anything and they bring it to you rather quickly. What's the point of adding a non-removable gratuity to the package if the waiters don't provide a prompt and efficient service that a guest is satisfied with? Now, hearing you need to sign a receipt each time for inventory control, makes it even less attractive.

Edited by Disconnections