Any upgrades on the Indy for Dec. 14th?

Has anyone been upgraded for the December 14th 6 night cruise? I ask because I have been watching the availability on Grand Suites for weeks and they have had 10 open of the 22 for a while. I checked on Thursday night and there were still 10 open and when I checked the next morning, 6 were gone along with the two owners suites that were left. I know that it is possible that they were sold but seems highly unlikely that they got sold in 9 over night hours. Of course I called C&A and they said they had not started upgrading and wouldn't until about 2 weeks before. Just wondering......

Has anyone been upgraded for the December 14th 6 night cruise? I ask because I have been watching the availability on Grand Suites for weeks and they have had 10 open of the 22 for a while. I checked on Thursday night and there were still 10 open and when I checked the next morning, 6 were gone along with the two owners suites that were left. I know that it is possible that they were sold but seems highly unlikely that they got sold in 9 over night hours. Of course I called C&A and they said they had not started upgrading and wouldn't until about 2 weeks before. Just wondering......

I have never heard of anyone getting upgraded that far out with one exception. That being a specific room was needed (handicap, 3+ room) they will upgrade the person in that room to open the "old" room up for the booking. Even that doesn't usually happen until a month or so out.

I'm guessing they pulled the inventory off the market for some reason, or they did get booked. Either way you will never be "privy" to that information.

I have never heard of anyone getting upgraded that far out with one exception. That being a specific room was needed (handicap, 3+ room) they will upgrade the person in that room to open the "old" room up for the booking. Even that doesn't usually happen until a month or so out.

I'm guessing they pulled the inventory off the market for some reason, or they did get booked. Either way you will never be "privy" to that information.

Thanks, yes I realize that I will never know for sure but thought I would ask here to see if any members may have been upgraded already.

You should join or thread on this cruise.. Bunch of us... No upgrades for anyone yet, well.... free upgrades.. pay for it, if you ant a bigger cabin..

I'm on the cruise and I've not heard of any upgrades given out yet. I too noticed the grand suites but just thought someone had booked them I was not thinking upgrades this early. We can only hope a visit from the upgrade fairy will come soon!! Come join our thread for this sailing, we're having a get together after muster just to meet our fellow CC mates!!

I'm on the cruise and I've not heard of any upgrades given out yet. I too noticed the grand suites but just thought someone had booked them I was not thinking upgrades this early. We can only hope a visit from the upgrade fairy will come soon!! Come join our thread for this sailing, we're having a get together after muster just to meet our fellow CC mates!!

Some of the Grand Suites came back :). There were 8 when I looked tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

My children were upgraded from Interior to Ocean View. The rest of us in our group, were not.. We have balcony rooms already.. This happened Saturday...

We are?? News to me.. I started the thread.. Did I miss something??:confused:

We're on the Dec 6th sailing and no upgrades yet. We booked a D2 balcony originally and then upgraded to a "W" guarantee $$$ and got a JS a few weeks ago due to me having back surgery and us needing more room plus the double points. There are still a few JS available, 4 GS and 4 OS as well as a RFS, PFS and a PS. Hoping they contact us for an upgrade as we would do it if the price is right.

Edited by Colorado Babe

We're on the Dec 6th sailing and no upgrades yet. We booked a D2 balcony originally and then upgraded to a "W" guarantee $$$ and got a JS a few weeks ago due to me having back surgery and us needing more room plus the double points. There are still a few JS available, 4 GS and 4 OS as well as a RFS, PFS and a PS. Hoping they contact us for an upgrade as we would do it if the price is right.

Doing a B2B??

We are?? News to me.. I started the thread.. Did I miss something??:confused:

allentownahoy suggested we meet up in the Viking Lounge after muster for a drink, I thought you were aware of it as you had posted "it sounds good" I know you tried to get a formal one together but it did not work out but that's OK I think everyone on the meet and mingle thread is aware of it. We're getting closer!!!

allentownahoy suggested we meet up in the Viking Lounge after muster for a drink, I thought you were aware of it as you had posted "it sounds good" I know you tried to get a formal one together but it did not work out but that's OK I think everyone on the meet and mingle thread is aware of it. We're getting closer!!!

I knew, I was trying to be funny.. Only you caught it.. Allentownahoy, has cancelled her cruise, if I remember correctly.. Back surgery.. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Viking Crown is a great idea. I hope everyone can join us.. For me, December 6 can not get here soon enough...