Nursery During First Dinner Seating?

lacell

Hi. I'm new to the board and excited to be here :)! I am sailing on Liberty of the Seas this December with my parents, husband and 3 kids (age 5, 3 and 2). I'm trying to get more info on nursery hours. RCl won't give me any detailed info. I saw on a sample schedule of Adventure Ocean, that they close between noon and 2:00 and 5:00 and 7:00 pm. Does the nursery do the same thing or is it open during both dinner seatings? Also, I saw that they offer a program for the Adventure Ocean kids during the lunch time for a fee, Lunch and Dine I think it was called. Do they do that for dinner too and is it every night? Right now we are signed up for late seating. I would really like to do early seating, but not if that means we don't have the option to eat with just the adults. I do not want to do the My Family Time Dining thing. Has anyone been on this ship recently and remember the nursery hours. I know it can vary, but I double it would change much.

Early seating is the best if you have kids....MTFD is the next best thing..it's early seating, but they come and get the kids after a short time...they expedite the kid's meals! Best of both worlds! Or, you can feed the kids in the WJ...take them to AO, and go and eat on your own.

Edited by cb at sea

Hi there,

Each ship gets to make it's own hours for the nursery. We've used the nursery on the Enchantment and the Brilliance so far.

Enchantment Hours were:

Day 1: Port Canaveral

Noon-3:00 pm - Registration and open house

4:30-6:30 pm - Registration and open house

7:30-midnight - Nursery open

Day 2: Nassau

9:00am - 1:00 pm - open free play

noon - midnight- nursery service

Day 3 : CocoCay

9:00 am - 1:00 pm - nursery service

1:15-4:45 pm- open free play

5:00 pm - midnight - nursery service

Brilliance of the Seas

Brilliance had no day hours (the nursery was available for open play, but no supervision until night). It opened at 6:30pm each evening for supervised time at $8 an hour. We loved the girls that worked on both ships. Very good with young children.

We're sailing on the Liberty on Nov 8th and plan to use the nursery. I'd be glad to report back their hours for you.

You can check out my signature below to read my Enchantment review. If you have a lot of time you could also read my Brilliance review (it is extremely detailed!)

I'm checking Host Faith's review of the Liberty from earlier this year. She has a photo of the nursery schedule in her review. It says the hours are:

Day 1

8pm- midnight

Cozumel

9am-6pm and 7pm-midnight

Sea Days

9am-noon

2pm-5pm

6pm-midnight.

it does not specify which are open play and which are nursery service though.

The itinerary I'm on is the 5-night, with Belize. I'll report back to you with what I find.

Edited by smileyperry

We were on the lb last year and the three years before and the prior post is what we remember. It used to be earlier but then last year moved to 8pm. Might be best to do mtd and book a late night 1 and early rest. Btw we loved the nursery on the liberty! When out dd was younger we brought a bottle and they gave it to her but when she was older they brought food in for her. Made dinner so much easier and a few moments of mommy daddy time was nice too. On the liberty they will give you a phone and call you if anything comes up. Nice unless someone with the phone is wearing a rci polo shirt. I can't tell you the number of we people saw me with a phone and asked or assumed I worked there.

Just used the Nursery recently for our 18 month old grandson...hours worked well for almost anything you may want to do..and the open play was great...the staff in the nursery was amazing...enjoy !!!