Chef's Table ?

SRV FAN

Wondering about the Chef's Table option on my upcoming cruise on the Serenade.

Wondering if the menu is the same everynight?

Is it worth the extra $$?

Is it just one table per night?

Anyone have a sample menu?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did Chef's Table on Serenade in February and enjoyed it immensely. I believe the menu stays the same throughout the cruise. There is one seating starting at 7:30 with pre-dinner champagne in the reception area. Sorry, I didn't keep a copy of the menu.

As for "Is it worth the extra $$"...We felt that it definitely was. The food was beautifully prepared and presented and tasted wonderful. The wine pairings were very good as well. The diners were interesting and conversation was easy. Being worth the extra money is certainly a personal and subjective matter, but I would recommend you try it.

We did Chef's Table on Serenade in February and enjoyed it immensely. I believe the menu stays the same throughout the cruise. There is one seating starting at 7:30 with pre-dinner champagne in the reception area. Sorry, I didn't keep a copy of the menu.

As for "Is it worth the extra $$"...We felt that it definitely was. The food was beautifully prepared and presented and tasted wonderful. The wine pairings were very good as well. The diners were interesting and conversation was easy. Being worth the extra money is certainly a personal and subjective matter, but I would recommend you try it.

Thank you. I just worry that we will

do it & they'll serve Duck.... Which we despise! LOL. That's about the only thing we would not enjoy...well, that and maybe Escargot.

Thanks again!

do it & they'll serve Duck.... Which we despise! LOL. That's about the only thing we would not enjoy...well, that and maybe Escargot.

Thanks again!

If you wait until you're onboard to book, the menu for your cruise will be available for you to look at before you commit. We've done Chef's Table 4 or 5 times and I don't remember being served duck at any of the meals. (No escargot either.)

If you wait until you're onboard to book, the menu for your cruise will be available for you to look at before you commit. We've done Chef's Table 4 or 5 times and I don't remember being served duck at any of the meals. (No escargot either.)

Ahh! That's great to know!! We will wait to see the menu onboard then! Thanks!

We did the Chef's Table on the Legend this past February, and there was a little type of Duck sandwich thing that my husband loved, so they actually made more for him and another gentleman. Other than that little bite, and even that was superb! Looking to do it again next March!

Lisa

I would check with Royal about waiting to book once onboard.

I would suggest booking it now and then if needed, change if possible or cancel early in your cruise. As has been noted, there are usually 12-15 places and that is it per evening. Not sure it is even offered every night. Assuming they offer Chef's Table 5 of 7 nights, that allows for 60 to 75 people (5 nights x 12 or 15 people). Divide that by 2 to get couples or cabins, you get 30 or 38 couples or cabins per sailing.

We booked as soon as we could and as I recall, we had to give them a couple of dates for our choices, with our preferences too. We did book this on Allure 3-4 years ago. We also got our first choice and thus, did not interfere with all our other specialty restaurant reservations made prior to sailing.

One of our best meal experiences.

Go for it! It only costs money! :)

Edited by shipshape sam

I would check with Royal about waiting to book once onboard.

I would suggest booking it now and then if needed, change if possible or cancel early in your cruise. As has been noted, there are usually 12-15 places and that is it per evening. Not sure it is even offered every night. Assuming they offer Chef's Table 5 of 7 nights, that allows for 60 to 75 people (5 nights x 12 or 15 people). Divide that by 2 to get couples or cabins, you get 30 or 38 couples or cabins per sailing.

We booked as soon as we could and as I recall, we had to give them a couple of dates for our choices, with our preferences too. We did book this on Allure 3-4 years ago. We also got our first choice and thus, did not interfere with all our other specialty restaurant reservations made prior to sailing.

One of our best meal experiences.

Go for it! It only costs money! :)

Thanks! The Royal Caribbean rep I talked to yesterday said: "Shared table for 14. Available every night." So... We'll wait.

I've done two Chef's Tables -- one on Carnival that was phenomenal, and one on HAL that was best forgotten...the food was good, but the experience was very pretentious and drawn out.

That said, we were looking forward to doing it on Oasis, but it's been discontinued.:( I called and reserved it for the Serenade. I was told they have it every night, and I wanted to go ahead and get it slotted in.

Interestingly, the price on Serenade is $15 less than we had paid for Oasis. Chops and Giovanni's Table are also less expensive ($30 for Chops and $20 for GT).

We have done the Chef's Table three times and it was absolutely wonderful each time! If there is something on the menu you don't like, you can ask for something else ahead of time. We only booked ahead of time for one of them because we wanted to have it on our 25th anniversary. The other two, we booked while on board. On our last cruise, we were offered a special...$95 per person which included Chef's Table and two specialty restaurants!

They will only offer the Chef's Table every night if they have enough people interested. Our first two were completely full and our last one had eight people.

I highly recommend the experience! The food was amazing with lots of wine! Keep in mind it will take two to three hours.

Did I read correctly, earlier in the posting, that you sit at a table for 14? We are thinking about doing this for dear friends of ours who will have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. As much as I enjoy meeting and visiting with others, I wanted this to be a very special occasion at a table for 4. Is that possible?

Thank you to all who respond.

Did I read correctly, earlier in the posting, that you sit at a table for 14? We are thinking about doing this for dear friends of ours who will have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. As much as I enjoy meeting and visiting with others, I wanted this to be a very special occasion at a table for 4. Is that possible?

Sorry.... Only one table - for 14 (on the Serenade) may be different on other ships??? But one large table per night. Maybe it's possible, if you have a large party to book the entire table??

Maybe try Chops Grill or Giovannis Table for their special nite.

Edited by SRV FAN

They only have one large table in the room; so, unless no one else signs up, you will have others at the table.

Does anyone know if they make a price exception for people (pregnant?) that cannot drink wine? My wife is a FOODIE and we are expecting. I'd love for her to be able to do this dinner but $95 and not touching the wine? Wait a minute..... could she give the wine to me???? :eek:

Nevermind, problem solved. HA!

The other thing we'll have to look at is to see what the menu includes and if she can have most of the items. Fish, etc...

Cheers!

Experiencing the Chef's Table is wonderful....my DH would have the experience every evening if he could....to mtsublueraider I do not drink a lot of wine either, DH did enjoy both of ours for many courses as we did Chef's Table several x's.

Does anyone know if they make a price exception for people (pregnant?) that cannot drink wine? My wife is a FOODIE and we are expecting. I'd love for her to be able to do this dinner but $95 and not touching the wine? Wait a minute..... could she give the wine to me???? :eek:

Nevermind, problem solved. HA!

The other thing we'll have to look at is to see what the menu includes and if she can have most of the items. Fish, etc...

Cheers!

We always buy the drink package... So unless these glasses of wine exceed the $12 per glass limit... Oh well... It's only money, right?

Wondering about the Chef's Table option on my upcoming cruise on the Serenade.

Wondering if the menu is the same everynight?

Is it worth the extra $$?

Is it just one table per night?

Anyone have a sample menu?

Thanks in advance!

I just did chef's table on Brilliance last week and loved it can't wait to do it again. Was tempted to do it again later in the week but was told the menu was the same so I didn't. I have photos posted on my review here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2115967

Post # 54

Thanks again!

We did on the Radiance and found it to be a most enjoyable evening and well worth the money.

If you don't eat duck you can let them know that when you book.My husband has a seafood allergy and we just let them know at the time of booking and it was no problem.When the chef came out at the beginning of our night to check if anyone else had any allergies 6 other people spoke up with different things they couldn't eat. He said it was no problem and for some of the course people got different things.He explained how he cooked all the dishes.

The whole night was Amazing.

Edited by Jasp 0401