internet N. amsterdam and ship services

jenp123

Just called ship services to get internet prices for November sailing. She gave me price for the 2 packages. I asked her if there was any unlimited internet and she advised they have NEVER offered it on any ships. I informed her that in September I paid $99 for unlimited on the zuiderdam....

Just wondering if ship s decided independently bwhat they will offer without ship services knowledge and if the N. Amsterdam offers an unlimited package

FrankC posted that the all you can eat Internet was a one ship experiment. I haven't seen anything on unlimited Internet on the Nieuw Amsterdam, and I've been watching closely because we're on her soon. (Gotta work, even on vacation.) I guess I'll know in about 2.5 weeks.

Edited by POA1

I just returned from a Zuiderdam cruise yesterday and was surprised and happy that they offered an unlimited internet package. It was $149 for a ten day cruise. It wasn't fast, but I was able to use it at any time. :D

Good info. Thx for letting us know. Now, maybe someone should let hal know:D

I was on the Zuiderdam for the last Alaska cruise, then the relocation from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale.

Unlimited Prices were:

$99 for the 7 Day Alaska

$299 for the 20 Day Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale

$249 for the 17 Day San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale

Service was, IMO, no worse that other ships with the per minute prices, however I wouldn't have paid as much by the minute.

Rich

I just returned from a Zuiderdam cruise yesterday and was surprised and happy that they offered an unlimited internet package. It was $149 for a ten day cruise. It wasn't fast, but I was able to use it at any time. :D

Thank you for this info. I knew that the Zuiderdam had run a trial of unlimited Internet, and that it hadn't been expanded to other ships. But I had lost track of where it stood with the Zuiderdam now. Now I know! :D

I was on the Zuiderdam for the last Alaska cruise, then the relocation from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale.

Unlimited Prices were:

$99 for the 7 Day Alaska

$299 for the 20 Day Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale

$249 for the 17 Day San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale

Service was, IMO, no worse that other ships with the per minute prices, however I wouldn't have paid as much by the minute.

Rich

Rich - Was there a limit to the # of devices on the plan, or would you have to get one plan for your computer, and another for your smartphone?

Rich - Was there a limit to the # of devices on the plan, or would you have to get one plan for your computer, and another for your smartphone?

I did not try multiple devices. However, you still had the opportunity to log in and out of the network so I would guess that you could use multiple devices as long as they were not at the same time

Rich

That's a great deal. Thanks for telling us about it.

I did not try multiple devices. However, you still had the opportunity to log in and out of the network so I would guess that you could use multiple devices as long as they were not at the same time

Rich

Thanks. I thought someone posted that there was a 2 or 3 device limit, presumably using the login & MAC address. I guess I'll know soon enough. Of course, we're on the Nieuw Amsterdam, so it might be moot.

Thanks. I thought someone posted that there was a 2 or 3 device limit, presumably using the login & MAC address. I guess I'll know soon enough. Of course, we're on the Nieuw Amsterdam, so it might be moot.

As far as I could tell, there was no limit on the number of devices, but only one could be used at a time. There was an account page that listed the log on and log off times per account - no info as to the specific device that was logged on at any time.