I would love honest opinions on food served on Norwegian Sun also

gladimhere

Well not 24/7 like blue lagoon. They don't serve food until nighttime. They continue all night. Not sure exactly what time they start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

:eek: Well darn since we usually use this venue at least once or twice during the lunch hours for some wings or something.

Do they still have the cheesecake here?

Is the Moderno buffet for lunch free of charge? Or is it considered specialty dinning during those times too?

I know that you can have breakfast at places like Blue Lagoon/O'sheehans on different ships, so since the Sun doesn't have either of these, does the bar serve the breakfast as well? We "usually" eat breakfast at the buffet, but once or twice we like to do the "sit down" thing usually at Blue Lagoon. I'm just wondering what my choices are on the Sun. :confused:

Moderno is free of charge for lunch and breakfast. It is really just an extension of the buffet and just happens to be in the same spot as Moderno. There is no regular specialty dining for lunch.

If you want to be served a sit down breakfast, I would suggest the MDR. I just love breatfast there. It takes a little longer than the buffet, of course, but there is something lovely about it. On the Sun it is in the aft MDR and the views are wonderful. Or have room service! As the sports bar is really "attached" to, well they share a wall with, the buffet and in back of Modernos, I think there is no additional breakfast food served there.

:eek: Well darn since we usually use this venue at least once or twice during the lunch hours for some wings or something.

Do they still have the cheesecake here?

I can say the wings are delicious. The F & B director had raved about them the night my friend and I dined with him, so we had to try them.

We just went on the Sun PC reposition cruise and loved it!

That said the food, we thought was good; we had no issues with it at all.

The Sport's bar has food from 5:30 pm to 5:30am; the menu is pretty good. Chicken wings, sandwiches etc. but I do not remember if there is cheesecake. We enjoyed it and the service was excellent!

The rest of the food venues had a really good variety so we were not bored with the food; there was always something different offered though we did not go to the same place every day, every time, for our meals. Maybe that is why we saw good variety.

Hope you enjoy the Sun as much as we did! :)

We just went on the Sun PC reposition cruise and loved it!

That said the food, we thought was good; we had no issues with it at all.

The Sport's bar has food from 5:30 pm to 5:30am; the menu is pretty good. Chicken wings, sandwiches etc. but I do not remember if there is cheesecake. We enjoyed it and the service was excellent!

The rest of the food venues had a really good variety so we were not bored with the food; there was always something different offered though we did not go to the same place every day, every time, for our meals. Maybe that is why we saw good variety.

Hope you enjoy the Sun as much as we did! :)

Is the food in the sports Bar free of charge? 20 days till my first Sun cruise! :)