Just found out I'm pregnant. Should I tell Carnival?

No, I've sailed pregnant twice. Once at 7 weeks and once at 23.5 weeks.

It's no one's business at 9 weeks along.. Chances are you probably won't have made it public at that point anyway.

I WOULD tell your doctor that you're cruising. Just to be sure you're not a high-risk pregnancy. My doctor gave me anti-nausea meds to take when I was 7 weeks because the combo of morning sickness and a ship could be a rough combo. Thankfully my morning sickness didn't begin until we got back from that trip.

How many more characters am I allowed? I may have to make the name short so it will fit in my cruise critic name ;)

Can you use "&" instead of "AND"? You could also just use the kids' initials instead of names, and/or be "MOM" instead of "MOMMY". Congratulations!

First of all, congratulations!!!

Second wasn't there a post recently about someone who was "newly" pregnant and didn't notify the cruise line, and then when they went to board, maybe the person checking them in asked if she was pregnant and when she said yes, all heck broke loose? I think they had to get on the phone with someone at the dr's office, even though she had not even been seen by someone and get a note saying she was cleared for travel? Or am I crazy for thinking this?

If you will not have seen the dr. yet, if anyone asks, you're going to have to say no. If you can get a note from the dr. saying you are clear to travel, that you are 9 weeks pregnant, that sort of stuff, then maybe for piece of mind you get it.

I'd hate for someone to slip up at boarding and find yourself in a mess.

Hopefully you will have smooth sailing and feel great.

I was pregnant on my last cruise. 15 weeks on embarkation for a 10 day cruise. I told the cruiseline i was pregnant since it seemed i was expected to. What a freaking fiasco!

I was with a midwife so i was the epitome of a low risk pregnancy. The wiestionairre they expected my midwife to fill out was quite privacy invasive. Also i would get a different answer everytime about whether a midwife was even allowed to sign. In the end i got a short letter from her without all the personal information they had sought. They accepted it. But somehow that acceptance didn't seem to make it onto my official file - no matter what i did.

I ended up having to hunt down the person at the cruiseline who was responsible for giving the okay. I asked for a direct letter from her so there would be no problem at embarkation. Well she sent it, or rather she said she did but i never got it. Then she was unavailable and no one seemed to want to okay my pregnancy conditions without her.

So i had a letter from my provider, i had been okayed by the cruise line and still my file showed it as an outstanding condition and no one eould okay me.

The day got closer and i got more desperate. Eventually, the day before i got on my flight, i was sble to get a copy of the letter from the lady's files and i had it in my hand as i boarded the ship because i was praying to all that was holy that they would let me board the cruise. In the end my file must have been updated because i had no trouble getting on board and didnt end up needing the letter.

I was obviously still "legal" from a weeks pregnant standpoint and i was not yet showing enough to not pass for a little pudgy but i feel that i came entirely too close to not being able to cruise.

I would strongly advise caution in disclosing your pregnancy to Carnival unless absolutely necessary.

First off congrats from a long time lurker. Absolutely DBM's worst experience with Carnival happened incident to our pregnancy with our first child. From our perspective, we found out my wife was expecting and it did more harm than good to tell them. DBM and I found out about three weeks before the cruise and had already pre-purchased the cheers package. When we told them we wanted to cancel the package because everybody had to get the package that was in her room 21 and up but weren't allowed to so close to the cruise. Then to make matters worse, her doctor said that in the first trimester it was okay to have moderate alcohol but because carnival knew she was pregnant they would not allow her to order drinks. We heard two different excuses for this, one being that they don't allow pregnant people to drink on the cruise ship. The second reason was that they were scared that the pregnant person would give away drinks and thus it was company policy that pregnant passengers cannot order drinks with the cheers. Then, when she tried to buy cigarettes to bring back for her DB, she was actually flagged from the purchase. On one hand, it is pretty impressive how complex and detailed their passenger prep is to have a flag on her buying tobacco products, but again even though she doesn't smoke her doctor said that he didn't think the first trimester was necessarily the time a mother should completely abstain from her pleasures because the stress completely quitting caffeine, nicotine or alcohol put on a person are much worse overall than any consumed in moderation. I even said to the lady, when did the US start licensing corporations as doctors which she didn't seem to understand. They pretty much made us feel like terrible people and unless we have a quack family doctor (which doesn't appear to be so considering the studies I've been seeing on my newsfeeds recently) they don't even know the full scope of what health is. Sorry for the first post rant. Good luck on your cruise and with your little bundle of joy!!

I would tell them, just in case.

I am not sure what form the other poster was given. the form I had to complete just asked a Dr to verify the gestational age of my baby when I boarded the ship and that I wasn't high risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

First off congrats from a long time lurker. Absolutely DBM's worst experience with Carnival happened incident to our pregnancy with our first child. From our perspective, we found out my wife was expecting and it did more harm than good to tell them. DBM and I found out about three weeks before the cruise and had already pre-purchased the cheers package. When we told them we wanted to cancel the package because everybody had to get the package that was in her room 21 and up but weren't allowed to so close to the cruise. Then to make matters worse, her doctor said that in the first trimester it was okay to have moderate alcohol but because carnival knew she was pregnant they would not allow her to order drinks. We heard two different excuses for this, one being that they don't allow pregnant people to drink on the cruise ship. The second reason was that they were scared that the pregnant person would give away drinks and thus it was company policy that pregnant passengers cannot order drinks with the cheers. Then, when she tried to buy cigarettes to bring back for her DB, she was actually flagged from the purchase. On one hand, it is pretty impressive how complex and detailed their passenger prep is to have a flag on her buying tobacco products, but again even though she doesn't smoke her doctor said that he didn't think the first trimester was necessarily the time a mother should completely abstain from her pleasures because the stress completely quitting caffeine, nicotine or alcohol put on a person are much worse overall than any consumed in moderation. I even said to the lady, when did the US start licensing corporations as doctors which she didn't seem to understand. They pretty much made us feel like terrible people and unless we have a quack family doctor (which doesn't appear to be so considering the studies I've been seeing on my newsfeeds recently) they don't even know the full scope of what health is. Sorry for the first post rant. Good luck on your cruise and with your little bundle of joy!!

How many drinks was she trying to order? And since when can you pre-purchase Cheers?