Smoking

agent9999

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have been on balconies next to smokers at 20 knots traveling, and it was so bad that we had to go inside and CLOSE our balcony door to avoid the smoke.

Oh, and I hate the smell of fake cinnamon. You can bet that if I get strange smells from the people next door coming into my balcony, I will alert someone to it.

If you are so intent on breaking the rules before you even get on board, perhaps you should cruise on a line that actually allows smoking on the balcony, so no worries and no annoyances to the other passengers.

AMEN!!! I also hate fake scents, and I have also been the unlucky next door neighbor of an "expert" who "contends" that his smoke doesn't bother anybody. Go find another cruise line that allows smoking! Why cruise on one where you are so restricted???

And, Cle-guy: you're my hero. I had thought that posters on these boards always march in lock-step with The Man.:D

I consider myself a realist....somethings many agree with others not so much. I just put it out there, often in realistic as opposed to idealistic or alleged or supposed terms terms. Theres the real workld and there's the idealistic world.

I'm actually surprised a few have stood up in support too....!

AMEN!!! I also hate fake scents, and I have also been the unlucky next door neighbor of an "expert" who "contends" that his smoke doesn't bother anybody. Go find another cruise line that allows smoking! Why cruise on one where you are so restricted???

Assume you don't sail in Aqua class with the scent sticks, nor use the persian gardens...?

Fake scents are all over the place. Many retail stores actually pump in fake scents as research shows scents entice purchasing, especially vanilla and citrus scents. I used scent machines in my retail stores (museum stores) and noted a 5% increase in purchases. It's a true science.

http://aromatechsystems.com/industries-we-service/retail/#.VFGQskt8uuk

Edited by cle-guy

If you are going to get upset about the smell of ecigs shouldn't you also complain about strong perfumes or after shaves? As far as I know there is no second-hand smoke health issues with ecigs, although I think the jury is still out.

I guess the main issue is that ecigs cause difficulties with enforcement. Security sees someone smoking on camera and then confronts them, they say it was just an ecig.

As for the smoking areas, I hate the fact the pool deck is included. The enclosed section might as well be indoors and it makes the whole area off limits to me.

Cle-guy

You lost me

When your actions as a rule breaker affect someone's comfort or safety then it is more than just your choice

So if I smell a cigar (as I have) on my balcony or cigarettes in the hallway I will make sure it stops. Very unpleasant

I will speak to the pool butler to have the offenders belongings removed fr lounges saved for hours and not used

Your rights stop where mine start

If you need to smoke, fine. There are lines where you still can. No excuse to be rude

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cle-guy

You lost me

When your actions as a rule breaker affect someone's comfort or safety then it is more than just your choice

So if I smell a cigar (as I have) on my balcony or cigarettes in the hallway I will make sure it stops. Very unpleasant

I will speak to the pool butler to have the offenders belongings removed fr lounges saved for hours and not used

Your rights stop where mine start

If you need to smoke, fine. There are lines where you still can. No excuse to be rude

I'm not at all advocating cigar or cigarette smoking. I'm advocating those with vaporizers, that are not producing any smoke nor have nicotine (nor other banned substances) in them. Nothing in these devices does anything more to another's rights than does the smell of a vanilla perfume or citrus scented cologne.

Perception of these devices unfortunately does not marry to the reality of what they are.

Do call the pool butler, I would do so as well if needed, though can always find an alternate location of I look hard enough.

YOUR rights stop where mine start as well. It's a catch 22 situation. Sounds great on paper but who decides whose rights are more important or real.

Good point Cle. A couple years ago it was anti cig, cigar, whatever. Not its a vapor. I'll still smoke in "the area", but my cinnamon, ecig, try charging me a cleaning fee for vapor?

The Mods need to let this run.

Edited by blindrid

I'm not at all advocating cigar or cigarette smoking. I'm advocating those with vaporizers, that are not producing any smoke nor have nicotine (nor other banned substances) in them. Nothing in these devices does anything more to another's rights than does the smell of a vanilla perfume or citrus scented cologne.

Perception of these devices unfortunately does not marry to the reality of what they are.

Do call the pool butler, I would do so as well if needed, though can always find an alternate location of I look hard enough.

YOUR rights stop where mine start as well. It's a catch 22 situation. Sounds great on paper but who decides whose rights are more important or real.

You have the right to follow the rules, as we all do.

Who is to say you don't have to follow certain rules because you don't like them?

If someone doesn't like the fact that ecigs aren't allowed, then don't cruise with that line. Find another that more suits your needs.

Don't go with the intention of breaking the rules.

The way it was explained to us by one of the staff members was that there really is no objection to use of e-cigs per se.

The reason for including e-cigs in the prohibition was just that it would make it nearly impossible to enforce the smoking policy if they were to allow e-cigs in non-smoking areas.

They do not want guest relations and security to be bombarded by false reports of people smoking in non-smoking areas and want to avoid any arguments about whether or not it was really a cigarette spotted on someone's balcony.

Edited by fleckle

Esigs CAN have odor and DO contain nicotine. I've been around it in the Rendezvous lounge, could smell it, and it DID bother me. I'm happy to see they're not allowed inside, and now I can say something if they're bothering me at the time.

It's just as easy to blow water vapor into someone's personal space, as it is, smoke.

Regardless of whether vapping is safe or bothers anyone else, it is not allowed inside by Celebrity. Just as there is a dress code, and we should follow the wishes of our host, Celebrity, there is a rule about "vaping" and we should follow the rules. We shouldn't get to pick and chose which rules we like and which we don't.

Happy sailing,

Jenna