Is there new menus in the MDRs on the Sun?

Kellyfkrc

I know they were rolling out new items and menus. Did it hit the sun yet? Does anyone have pics?

I see you're on the Dec. 28 Sun cruise, so the new menus may very well be in place. In the thread referenced by the previous poster it was stated that the plans called for the new menus to be introduced in 30-60 days.

I see you're on the Dec. 28 Sun cruise, so the new menus may very well be in place. In the thread referenced by the previous poster it was stated that the plans called for the new menus to be introduced in 30-60 days.

Can you link the previous thread you are talking about? Many thanks!

When I had dinner with the F & B director of the Sun on my cruise the very end of September the goal was to have the new menus out for the MDR around the 1st of November. He said it had been pushed back from the original 1st of October date. So it wasn't a firm date but they are changing.

When I had dinner with the F & B director of the Sun on my cruise the very end of September the goal was to have the new menus out for the MDR around the 1st of November. He said it had been pushed back from the original 1st of October date. So it wasn't a firm date but they are changing.

Oh, I do hope so, as I will be on her in 7 days, and have been looking forward to some of those new menu items.

• 3 months later...
Just off the Sun yesterday and the menu was the same as on all the other NCL ships I've been on.

So I guess that means no to the new menu.

I assume that means you haven't been on any other NCL ships in the last 6-9 months because by this time almost every ship has converted to the new menus.

Just off the Sun yesterday and the menu was the same as on all the other NCL ships I've been on.

So I guess that means no to the new menu.

Hi, I've never been on the Sun, but been on the Dawn, Jewel and the Gem for 12 nights this past Dec.

They had the new menus. I don't wish to be a "Debbie Downer", but we definitely preferred the old menu...Many repeats of the same dish with little variations and choices not at all interesting. Maybe it was the Chef on this ship, but everything was very over-salted, almost to the point we could not eat it....Very disappointing for sure.:(

It isn't that we won't sail on the Gem again, but if the same chef is on there, we'll order 'salt free' and add our own. These new menus really need tweaking and more and different items added in. Maybe they are pushing all of us to the specialty restaurants and this is 'deliberate'. JMO.

They offer the UDiningPackage. Big deal. We are already paying for food and we should expect good food in the MDR.

OK, I'm better now.

Have fun

Hi, I've never been on the Sun, but been on the Dawn, Jewel and the Gem for 12 nights this past Dec.

They had the new menus. I don't wish to be a "Debbie Downer", but we definitely preferred the old menu...Many repeats of the same dish with little variations and choices not at all interesting.

We experienced new menus on Epic in Nov. For the most part, food did not taste salty (I eat/cook salt free or very low sodium), but I really missed the old menus--especially MDR lunch. I can understand the need to change for those very frequent cruisers. Buffet still had many choices. I still managed to gain a few pounds, though. [emoji15]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk