Shrinkage

Jaddy

My clothes always shrink, the closer to the end of the cruise it is. :)

Agree with Sailawaytoday but haven't had any trouble with Celebrity's laundry service, though I usually send only stuff I've washed several times before, nothing new or very fancy.

My clothes always shrink, the closer to the end of the cruise it is. :)

Same here and they were not washed in their laundry. I think it has to do with the humid salt air. :rolleyes:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Your laundry in put in a mesh bag that is labeled. Then it goes in the laundry with everyone else's mesh bag. They use to put a tiny little sticky label in the wasit/neck of each piece of laundry. I still have a few pieces of clothing with the little sticky label. It does NOT come out.

100% correct on the mesh bags. We never send our wash/dry/fold stuff the same day as our "normal" washing for that reason. Shirts/ trousers etc. still have the tags but they now have a pull off tab, so will come off the garment. The laundry is ALL dried hot, which is why more delicate fabrics shrink, equally pressing is done with large steam presses not irons so a fair amount of heat there. The moral is never send any item for laundering that you're not prepared to throw away.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

When we cruise we always pack enough under ware and socks. When packed in e-bags they take up little to no room. We don't like sharing the laundry tub with other clothes. My clothing is light so I am able to wash in the sink and air dry while we sleep. Jeans we have dry cleaned. They do a nice job. One suit is dry cleaned only if need be and my hubby's dress shirts are packed easily and if needed we will dry clean one. Our luggage is one carry-on and one 28" bag and that does us well. We use to pack everything including the kitchen sink. But since watching you tube videos on how to pack we are able to go light and not worry about forgetting anything. Hope this helps.:confused: