Capri pants in dining room??

emilymad

I bought a suit from Nordstroms and it is 'tres chic'. Black with white polka dots and a hot pink lining. It has a jacket and capri pants. I was considering wearing it on an informal night. Will this work. It really looks good. Or should I overdress on casual night?

Hmmm....it sounds really good....you could probably wear it on informal night...depending on what cruise you are going on........but I would say casual night sounds better...and you will look awesome:D. If they were long pants I would tell you informal sounds perfect...but that is just one person's opinion.

I live in Florida..this week ther are no taxes on ANY CLOTHING:D ...I found a really pretty pants outfit too...its a linen/cotton blend..jacket and crop pants..I am short..so they almost go to my ankles.......its beige with beautiful embroidery.......I am wearing it for one of my casual nights too:).

I fully intend to wear halter tops to dinner. If halter formal dresses are ok for formal night (soooooooo many formals are halter style and mine are too) then a dressy halter top would be ok for casual nights (or semi-formal if you have those). I am going to wear a pair of black satin pants with a silk chiffon black and cream colored print halter top. It is very, very dressy and I intend to wear it on casual night, although it is probably dressier than anything I'll see on casual night on anyone else. My curise has only 2 formal nights and I have 2 formals for those nights. If not, I'd wear this halter top with a long black skirt and call it good. A pashmina is great for covering up if it's chilly.

There are halter tops and then there are halter tops. You know what I mean?;)

Jen

Hi Jen:) there is nothing wrong with halter tops...I am too busty to ever find any that fit properly though.

A pretty halter and silk slacks sound very nice to me......

Can't tell if your post was trying to be defensive....nobody ever said halters were not appropriate.

I have 2 formal nights as well......most 7 night cruises do have 2 formal nights.

I have to very dressy long skirts with dressy tops to match......those are my formal outfits.

Enjoy your clothes and your cruise:)

From the Princess website and Cruise Answer Book:

"Smart Casual Evenings:"

"Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters or blouses for ladies"

"Pants and open-neck shirts for men"

I would assume these are minimum requirements. Maybe Capri pants might be a little too casual for evening. Your choice.. :)

...when you need her? LOL....Janet is a long time Princess Cruiser and I know she has pretty capri pants she wears with a pretty top.....she has never felt out of place...(for those casual nights)........

I have never been on Princess..so I cannot speak from first hand experience...

Janet..help:D

Archived