Experience QofS' North Star in 60 seconds

derf5585

very nice. I think that time is going to definitely come down from 15 minutes. I mean it is a nice view and all that, but it seems that 10 minutes should be more than enough time up there. that way with 2 minutes in between for loading and unloading they can get 5 rides per hour.

very nice. I think that time is going to definitely come down from 15 minutes. I mean it is a nice view and all that, but it seems that 10 minutes should be more than enough time up there. that way with 2 minutes in between for loading and unloading they can get 5 rides per hour.

Is it confirmed that the ride/attraction is 10-15 minutes.

They officially stated 15 minutes per ride when they announced it. Based on those videos it's hard to tell if it should be changed. That ride was not a complete ride, so it was likely shorter than usual. A complete ride will go strait off the one side of the ship, go all the way vertical, and then go strait off the other side of the ship. I'm guessing since they were in port their movements were limited. While vertical they can also spin around (not sure if it's 360 or how much). The ride is meant to be slow so people don't get sick. Once we see a real ride it'll be easier to judge, but I would hate for them to rush it and feel like your missing out, but at the same time I think spending 5 minutes sitting still in the vertical position looking out at the ocean would be over kill. We'll have to wait and see what the typical ride looks like before judging.

Sorry, I don't get this contraption. Perhaps if my kids were 11, it would be worth taking them on the "ride".

Do they charge to be craned around in the air? Appears to me Quantum has lees then desirable open air deck space. I would be interested in knowing square footage of deck space on this ship compared to other ships.

I guess I am in the minority as I don't cruise to do carnival rides. Better ports, more ports, longer port times, refined experiences and exceptional service on the ship is what I would like to see.

I use to give people a hard time when they would call a ship a boat. As these floating carnivals continue to add gimmicks, referring to the ship as a boat is probably more appropriate even tho it isn't the true definition. "Ain't this boat beu-tea-full, where is that buffet at?" Yup, time to give up on people calling the ship a ship.

Edited by Tutankhamen

Sorry, I don't get this contraption. Perhaps if my kids were 11, it would be worth taking them on the "ride".

Do they charge to be craned around in the air? Appears to me Quantum has lees then desirable open air deck space. I would be interested in knowing square footage of deck space on this ship compared to other ships.

I guess I am in the minority as I don't cruise to do carnival rides. Better ports, more ports, longer port times, refined experiences and exceptional service on the ship is what I would like to see.

I use to give people a hard time when they would call a ship a boat. As these floating carnivals continue to add gimmicks, referring to the ship as a boat is probably more appropriate even tho it isn't the true definition. "Ain't this boat beu-tea-full, where is that buffet at?" Yup, time to give up on people calling the ship a ship.

I really don't get it either.

I am afraid to say I find it a bit sort of......"so what"?

Can't wait to sail on the ship but doubt I'll bother. It's right up there with "The plank" on NCL Breakaway class ships.

People go up in sky scrapers, and "needles" all of the time to go up to the observation deck in cities all around the world, and they pay for those views.

Why would you think any differently about this?

Pull into a city and get view that you couldn't get anywhere else.

It may seem a bit gimicky, but then again, you could say that about most things - eating ice cream frozen table side using liquid nitrogen, for example :-)

I'm looking forward to all of the experiences that Anthem :D has to offer!

Thanks for the link. It just proves what I was thinking, that you will wait in line to get a view of the sea that you can get from any of the upper decks or your balcony, and a slightly higher view of the pool deck (big deal). As to the view when pulling into port, I do not see how you can compare the view when pulling into most of the ports with the view from the top of the empire state building. I doubt if the "ride" will be available as you pull into Cape Liberty on debarkation day at 6 in the morning. Wish RCCL had put the money into something everyone could enjoy and not something so gimmicky.

Thanks for the link. It just proves what I was thinking, that you will wait in line to get a view of the sea that you can get from any of the upper decks or your balcony, and a slightly higher view of the pool deck (big deal). As to the view when pulling into port, I do not see how you can compare the view when pulling into most of the ports with the view from the top of the empire state building. I doubt if the "ride" will be available as you pull into Cape Liberty on debarkation day at 6 in the morning. Wish RCCL had put the money into something everyone could enjoy and not something so gimmicky.

I can say with nearly 100% certainty it will not be available in Cape Liberty. They can't even fit under the bridge without retracting the funnels so I'm sure they'll ensure North Star is in her locked position before departing the pier.

People go up in sky scrapers, and "needles" all of the time to go up to the observation deck in cities all around the world, and they pay for those views.

Why would you think any differently about this?

Pull into a city and get view that you couldn't get anywhere else.

It may seem a bit gimicky, but then again, you could say that about most things - eating ice cream frozen table side using liquid nitrogen, for example :-)

I'm looking forward to all of the experiences that Anthem :D has to offer!

No doubt this apparatus cost a few shekels. To me it is an eye sore that takes up a good bit of real-estate and money that could go into something better. Just my opinion. But what do I know? I would never put a colorful bear on the side of a Royal ship either. Belongs on a Perter Max painted haul like NCL. The bear hanging from a rope course would be a better fit then just randomly put on the side of a ship built for a cruise line that once built beautiful ships.

I do not go to observation decks in skyscrapers, but I do understand that over being a hundred feet above a ship. If I am in port I am off the ship. If I am on the ship there is nothing to see up there that the VCL couldn't provide.

I think a rotating VCL would be more interesting and more of a revenue source then a crane.