tell me all about the inspiration

mariamherrera

I've never been on a shorter cruise and I've also never been on any other class of ship other than spirit class! we just decided to do a quick little get away last minute so are taking a 4 day to catalina and ensenada- is their an adults only area on the inspiration like on the spirit class ships? anything majorly different? have you sailed it have you enjoyed it?

We sailed on Inspiration in 2006 and 2009 out of Tampa for 5 night cruises. Before the 2009 cruise, they had done a refurb and there was an adults only section with a small pool and cushioned loungers on the back. It's a smaller ship, but we enjoyed both of our cruises and would sail on Inspiration again.

Paul

It is a fantasy class ship. Among the oldest in the fleet. No balconies, specialty restaurants, guy's burgers, etc...... the shorter cruises have a higher percentage of woohoo people. The food and service will be very good. Comedy club every night. Get there early to get a seat. The short cruises are a fun getaway. To me, Catalina is boring. Ensenada is fun. We usually take a tour to the bufadora/blowhole. It is a fun way to spend the day. No need to book a ship tour. The shuttle bus to town will offer a tour for fifteen dollars. It is fun and safe. Don't miss the fish tacos, a Baja classic. They are available at the bufadora, made fresh before your eyes.

I love the Inspiration and Imagination. Only problem with them is the floor plan. If you are assigned the aft dining room, you need to go to the promenade deck then go down some steps. There is an elevator lobby but it's small and crowded. Best thing to do is hang out in the sports bar and watch for the lines to go.

Other than that, the staffs are friendly and the ship is easy to get around.

(Watch for the purple piping in the lido restaurant that reminds me of Ursula in the little mermaid!)

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod

Edited by ccruisequeen

We love the Inspiration. Not a lot of the bells and whistles of the larger/newer ships, but that's fine with me. Yes there is a Serenity area w/comfy loungers, hot tubs, and a beautiful view off the aft of the ship. :)

We were on the a Inspiration for the 13-Oct-14 sailing. She looks very fresh for an 18 year old ship. The guest areas are clean and well maintained, the carpeting and upholstery look practically new. I was quite impressed.

We were fortunate enough to upgrade to a Grand Suite when the upsell fairy called. The large balcony was worth every penny!

While she is a smaller ship, the only thing I missed was day 5-7 :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mattjs

Just got off the Inspiration a couple weeks ago. We did the 4 day cruise that visited Ensenada and Catalina.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised. As you know I took the Dream in August, and our room was unpleasantly warm and dirty.

I like longer cruises but this 4 day really hit the spot.(it felt longer, we boarded around noon)

-Food was good (Seaday Brunch and Taste Bar were Excellent)

-Room was nice and cool (a little noisy but ear-plugs helped)

-Room was Clean

-HouseKeeper team Awesome. Friendly..THey kept our room tidy and organized

-Dining room Staff friendly and accommodating (multiple Delicious Lobster Tails)

-Ship was a little dated but who cares, it was clean and fun

-Pool/Spa was a little crowded, Serenity was small and seemed to be in the Shade

-Waterslide was FUN. I actually Love the Aft deck were the water slide is

-Mini Golf and Jogging track were also nice

-Both Catalina (We went Paddle Boarding) and Ensenada (Drinking and Shopping) were FUN!!!

All in all, this cruise was a much better experience for us than that of the Dream. The price was insanely low and I most definitely will go again!

**Catalina: Paddle Boards $24 for 1 hour (Delano Beach Club)

**Ensenada: Custom Bracelets you can negotiate for $2. Coupons floating around for Papas and Beer that give you a bucket of beers (10) and nachos for $24.

But across the street on the corner by Papas and Beer is a great bar (Two Stories, old location of Papas and Beers). They are cheaper and friendlier. "Eloyee" was a Papas and Beers employee and now he works at this Bar. Very friendly to cruise staff. The top floor has amazing views of the streets of Ensenada and Papas.

THis 4 day cruise was a great little vacation that felt like a longer cruise.