TOE NAIL POLISH

Monthend

My friend tells me light colors are in this spring for nail polish. I have a black formal cocktail dress and a long purple gown. I will be wearing strappy sandles with them. What color nail polish?

I can't believe I am asking this.

I can't believe I'm gonna answer you.

Pink, lavender (sp), french (not my fav, but some like it). I have also worn a bright red with an eggplant colored dress and it looked great.

Since it sounds like your dress color (the purple one) is the important factor, take it along to decide when you get your pedicure, or take it to the store if you will be painting your own nails. I love purple.

Kathy

What color are the shoes you are wearing? I found some silver polish that I love--just wouldn't want to wear it with gold shoes, etc. If you are wearing silver jewlery with the black dress, silver polish would look great!! IMHO icon_smile.gif

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

Monthend,

I think you should wear the color that's most flattering to your skin tone.

If you're dark or tanned a pastel or a metallic might look nice. But if you have "lily white skin" like I do, light colors on the toes usually don't work. I always have red toe polish. I use Opi's Kennebunk-Port. It's a deep red, but not too dark. I always get compliments on my red toes from men and women, so I'm obviously choosing a flattering shade for my skin. I think that's what most important. Any color will work with your dresses with the exception being that orange won't work with purple.

Although it isn't a light color, I'll recommend my favorite..Essie's Ooo La La...its a red polish with blue undertones and it goes well with almost all of my clothes.

Several people have commented favorably when I wear it.

I always have my toe nails polished with OPI's Dutch Tulip. It's a classic red that goes with any skin tone. People always ask where I get my nails done, and I have to admit to them the I do it myself. The trick is to put a clear top coat on when you paint them and then every 2 weeks. Doing this, I can get away with only doing my toe nails once a month (can't say the same for the finger nails... too much wear and tear!). I'm always getting compliments and this color goes with anything.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;07;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Alaska Bound on the Sapphire Princess

I always go with what looks natural, and goes with my skin tone. I think a french always looks great on both hands and feet...with a natural topcoat. If not, for me a bright red or more subtle wine/rose color always works well for me.

If I'm ever in doubt though, I always do a french manicure...especially if I'm not sure about coordinating colors!

-Jen

For me it's french all the way, fingers and toes, natural, yet pretty and I can't tolerate having to match lipstick with different colors on my nails. I guess I'm graduating to "low maitenance" these days, who'd a thunk? Besides we're doing freestyle so the formal issues won't apply.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Bruisin' for a Cruisin'

I too wear silver. I just love it. it seems to go w/everything I wear.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

I love mauve nail polish with purple and black clothes. It's a soft tone that doesn't compete with the other colors you're wearing, and it has a classy look to it.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

• 1 month later...

I think something natural looking works best. No matter what color you're wearing, if it flatters your skin tone, it will be right. After all, your fingers and toes will be visible not only with your gowns but with your swimsuit, casual clothes, etc.

Archived