Ocean Liners Restaurant on Constellation

Dame Delilah

Can anyone tell me about the Ocean Liners Restaurant on the Constellation? We will be on a Constellation Transatlantic in April 2015 and I booked "Ocean Liners" just to see what it was all about. We have only made 2 previous Celebrity cruises (Equinox-Transatlantic and Infinity-Alaska) and have never heard of "Ocean Liners Restaurant."

On the S-Class Ships you have Muranos as the French Continental Specialty Dining Restaurant... On the M-Class Ships virtually the same menu is served in a series of Veues named after famous Ocean Liners, with memorabilia from them

Constellation = Ocean Liners

Infinity = SS United States

Millennium = The Olympic

Summit = The Normandie

You can find more secific info on each of them and their Menues etc on Celebrity's Website and the Restaurants & Cafes Pg

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

Cheer!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

On the S-Class Ships you have Muranos as the French Continental Specialty Dining Restaurant... On the M-Class Ships virtually the same menu is served in a series of Veues named after famous Ocean Liners, with memorabilia from them

Constellation = Ocean Liners

Infinity = SS United States

Millennium = The Olympic

Summit = The Normandie

You can find more secific info on each of them and their Menues etc on Celebrity's Website and the Restaurants & Cafes Pg

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

Cheer!

The four restaurants listed above are the original Celebrity Specialty Restaurants which were introduced as the M class ships were built and put into service. They first introduced Muranos on the Century during it's 2007 refurbishment as the same type of restaurant with the same, or similar menu, and when they built the S class ships they decided to keep the Muranos name for all the new restaurants of this type rather than generating different names for each ship. These days all four restaurants and Muranos have identical menus but the style and cooking might vary slightly due to the current management and chefs on board at a given time. Personally, I liked Ocean Liners and the other M class restaurant layouts a little more than the newer S class Murano's restaurants but the experience and food will be more or less the same.

Edited by Lsimon

We have dined in most of the specialty restaurants. On our last cruise, we dined in OL on the Connie. This was our favorite restaurant. The food was excellent (we expected that). But the service was over the top. As an example, our son asked if a main course could be prepared in a particular way. The waiter said, "this is your vacation - we are here to make your wishes happen." Well, that set the tone for the rest of the meal. To be made to feel special in today's world is something to remember and cherish. I hope I helped answer your question.

The four restaurants listed above are the original Celebrity Specialty Restaurants which were introduced as the M class ships were built and put into service. They first introduced Muranos on the Century during it's 2007 refurbishment as the same type of restaurant with the same, or similar menu, and when they built the S class ships they decided to keep the Muranos name for all the new restaurants of this type rather than generating different names for each ship. These days all four restaurants and Muranos have identical menus but the style and cooking might vary slightly due to the current management and chefs on board at a given time. Personally, I liked Ocean Liners and the other M class restaurant layouts a little more than the newer S class Murano's restaurants but the experience and food will be more or less the same.

Very helpful response. Although I had searched and found some answers, I was still confused about the M-Class ships' specialty restaurants, same as OP. Glad that I didn't ask, though. :eek:

I would like to thank all of you who provided useful information. Yes, I have used this forum for over 10 years and I know very well how to do a search. However, I have found that by asking a question on this forum, the information is more current and the answers usually provide more personal insight than the search responses.

Again, thanks to those who provided useful information.

I would like to thank all of you who provided useful information. Yes, I have used this forum for over 10 years and I know very well how to do a search. However, I have found that by asking a question on this forum, the information is more current and the answers usually provide more personal insight than the search responses.

Again, thanks to those who provided useful information.

Hi Dame Delilah,

By all means, please DO ask your questions. As for others telling members to search for it themselves ? Well, IMO, that's certainly not helpful and, adds nothing to the value of the thread. Most all of our members pride ourselves in helping our valued members... I know I do !

Getting back to your question - we've sailed on Constellation many times, and always enjoy Ocean Liners. The cuisine, ambiance and service are top notch. I highly recommend it.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away, and I hope this is helpful. Enjoy your cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

We will have the pleaure of dining again in Ocean Liners, shortly. From the minute you step into the dining room till the second you walk out the door you are made to feel the most special people in the room. The staff is amazing!!!! and the food is wonderful. You will enjoy it immensely!!

Bon Voyage!

I would like to elaborate on one of the answers above, about why these restaurants on the M-class ships are even better than Muranos on the S-class: the decor. These M-class restaurants aren't just named after those classic ocean liners -- Celebrity bought the furnishings and installed them in these rooms. I don't know the details of the others, but on Summit the Normandie restaurant contains the gold-leaf art deco panelling from the smoking room on the classic Normandie ocean liner. I believe that each of the others is similar, and all those ocean liners had wonderful craftsmanship that was worth preserving.

Celebrity couldn't do this for the S-class, because there are no classic ocean liners available to donate such hand-crafted furnishings any more. So enjoy them while we can!

• 5 months later...

We ate dinner in Ocean Liners twice on our Connie Mar. 16 cruise. The food was wonderful, but we found that there were long delays between courses so that it took 2 and a half hours for dinner the first night. We wanted to be able to see shows etc., so we only went there once more.

We ate one time in Tuscan and the service was faster, but the atmosphere was noisy and DH's steak not that great.The other two nights we ate in Blu which was had great service, but the food was not as good as Ocean Liners.

It isn't clear to me if the Celebrity specialty dining packages include Ocean Liners. Does anyone know?

Chris

the Constellation has only two specialty dining venue. : Ocean Liners and Tuscan Grill.

Both will be on any specailty packages. Enjoy!!!!