Long cruises and flight luggage

Bacardi..

Hi

I have just booked a cruise of 29 nights. I am starting to think about luggage.

We are only allowed 20kg as standard, and 7 kg hand luggage. The price the airline wants is stupid for an extra case ($1380).

What do others do just take the 20kg, wash clothes on board and wear stuff again? I don't normally wear the same stuff again on cruise, let alone the wife. The wife's handbag weighs a ton normally, not sure how she will pack for this long with so little allowance.

Hi

I did enquire about premium economy they wanted £794 per person btw it is cathay pacific if it makes any difference.

Oh right that's quite a bit extra. They are comparable with a BA or Virgin, so at least you should have a good flight, whereas my P&O is with Thomson's which I think are cheaper.

Sounds like you'll have to do some washing :(

Hi

I have just booked a cruise of 29 nights. I am starting to think about luggage.

We are only allowed 20kg as standard, and 7 kg hand luggage. The price the airline wants is stupid for an extra case ($1380).

What do others do just take the 20kg, wash clothes on board and wear stuff again? I don't normally wear the same stuff again on cruise, let alone the wife. The wife's handbag weighs a ton normally, not sure how she will pack for this long with so little allowance.

You could consider sending a suitcase each to southampton. P&O will take it for you and it will be delivered to your cabin with the rest of your luggage. You will find the address and terms and conditions on q&a . It certainly will be much less than your increased flight costs. Hope this helps. 😊

You don't say where you are cruising, but if you are doing a world cruise sector you can put a suitcase on in Southampton and leave it on after your cruise and then collect it when the ship eventually returns. I think P&O charge about £50.

It is possible to manage on 20 kilos though, plan carefully what you will wear each night, limit shoes, and take wash powder.

We are flying out of Heathrow to join the Arcadia in singapore, then cruising back to southampton. This is about a sector and a half of a world cruise.

It is just a bit difficult because of the weight gain on the cruise (lol).

It would be great if P&O would take a case for us, and then deliver it our stateroom when we board. Does anyone have a link to the relvant page on the q&a?

I suppose i could get some holdalls if pushed, as they would gain us a few kg.

Thanks for the replies.

Having just come back from my first fly cruise, and normally packing everything including the kitchen sink, I was surprised how easy it actually was - and we had a 20kg limit. I took evening separates so that they looked different but you can still wear things more than once. T-shirts etc can go to the laundry - it's cheaper than paying for excess baggage!

We are flying out of Heathrow to join the Arcadia in singapore, then cruising back to southampton. This is about a sector and a half of a world cruise.

It is just a bit difficult because of the weight gain on the cruise (lol).

It would be great if P&O would take a case for us, and then deliver it our stateroom when we board. Does anyone have a link to the relvant page on the q&a?

I suppose i could get some holdalls if pushed, as they would gain us a few kg.

Thanks for the replies.

Put a case on in Southampton and it will be in your cabin when you get on. We left a case on last year and picked it up in Southampton. Costs about £30 a case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

Can you change your airline to Emirates 30Kg in the hold and 7Kg carry on

Cb

Unfortunately not. Due to a cock up at the T.A they got the price wrong on the extra luggage. So I paid for the flight and booked my seat, only after I had done that did I find out that the excess baggage was more.

It's my first fly cruise so I will learn to ask and find out info on baggage first.

I never travel without a Rufus Roo in the side pocket of my case, or wearing it when flying short haul so I don't need to check in baggage.. See http://www.rufusroo.com

After security I put the contents of the pockets into my carry on bag, but the jacket can be carried like a bag if preferred

Edited by suekay

I would either take the P&O case from Soton option or just buy 2 of the cheapest, lightest cases I could find and strap them up and just throw away afterwards - it is only in effect only for 1 flight as you are sailing back.